WnSoft Forums

The Gardens at Stirling Court

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

At the outset I wan't going to offer this as I didn't think it worthy. It was made as a reminder of summer for my neighbours at Stiring Court in a Christmas slideshow I'm putting together. However, after a 3rd revision & size reduction to 125 MB I've uploaded it to Mediafire, which takes the minimum of my BT upload allocation. It also uses a couple of new toys, a video head for my tripod & a close up lens for my camera. The video head I have my doubts on as I don't think the camera video doesn't show at its best when moving. So basically it's a slide show with music, stills & video.

Mechanics 125MB Mediafire download, run time 6m, 8 video clips, 31 slides, 2 music tracks, chosen not specifically to fit the show, but as a "my audience" pleaser. The cameras were my Panasonic FZ150 & for 3 shots my wife's Nikon D40. It's 16-9 aspect, slide size fixed at 1920x1080. Keypad enabled.

Yachtsman1.

ERIC

full screen - color spot on - the only known value are the light globes and they were pure white on both my monitor and the ws tv

no degradation evident -- detail of the flower closeups were great

now you have heard me say dont be greedy - if you had less zoom while panning you would not have to move camera - there was some slight jerkiness - vertical -- the horizontal pan was smooth - i dont think you could have done better without the fluid head

IMHO

an 8 out of 10

ken

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Erik,

I thought your show was very good with good music, my only disappointment was on on of your pans the camera jumped up and down .

All in all a good show.

Rick

Hi Ken/Rick

I know what you mean I was trying to keep the roofs in shot as I panned so I was panning horizontally and upwards at the same time, won't do it again.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Hi Eric,

Excellent stills and video of the flowers which I think would have made a very good show on their own although I understand you have the residents in mind. By the way where were they all, I would have thought they would want to get in on the act. The first slow pan was expertly carried out if a little uninteresting and the second you know about. I was going to suggest you use the pans and an introduction (an establishing shot I think it is called) but as I liked the flowers the best I've changed my mind. Well done.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

Excellent stills and video of the flowers which I think would have made a very good show on their own although I understand you have the residents in mind. By the way where were they all, I would have thought they would want to get in on the act. The first slow pan was expertly carried out if a little uninteresting and the second you know about. I was going to suggest you use the pans and an introduction (an establishing shot I think it is called) but as I liked the flowers the best I've changed my mind. Well done.

Thanks Mick, didn't want the residents in shot for possible copyright snags, & some are a little aged to say the least.

Have you sorted your cuckoo?

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I've now uploaded this show to YouTube. Had to make a music change, the original was copyright but they allowed it, but I didn't sleep easily so I've changed it to one of BB's, which wasn't pulled by YT. The quality isn't as good as the Exe file, particularly the fades.

The link is

Yachtsman1.