WnSoft Forums

Creating Slideshow to play in Dvd Player

mikegreenslade

Hi Guys!

I've created a PTE Slideshow to playback in my Computer but, obviously a Dvd Player wont recognise this. So, how can I create a Slideshow on CD (not Dvd) so I can playback in a Dvd Player? Would someone be prepared to give me a 'Step by Step' rundown as I dont get much time to go chasing Links for Tips ;)

Thanks!!

Mike.

Mike,

There is a separate Video Forum for PTE that mainly relates to producing a AVI/VCD/SVCD/DVD of your Show.

How to Create Video

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index....php?act=SF&f=4

It is not as simple a process to create a video version as is creating a exe version.

To begin :

-Do you have video burning software ?

PTE does not burn video.

-Are you somewhat knowledgeable of the various video formats that can be created ?

-Are you somewhat knowledgeable about video codecs and whats currently installed on your pc ?

So there is a bit of a " learning of the process " to create video that you should become familar with. Different formats and different codecs use different compression schemes which can greatly vary the quality and time to produce the video.

PTE beta v4.20 Help File has in its User Manual Chapter a How to create DVD-Video disc. It is pretty basic and straight forward to get your pte show to your own burning sofware so it can convert it.

* Your own video burning sofware should more or less give you the

'Step by Step' rundown
... as each make/brand has its own specific processing steps.

Making a slide show to play on a DVD player is quite straightforward if you have the right gear. PTE is excellent at creating an exe file but, as yet, hasn't got it's act together with the video thing. There has been much discussion about DVD in this forum and yet we still cling despareately to the idea that PTE can produce the goods. Soon perhaps, but not yet I fear.

It is not the making of the video file that is the problem, it is the converting of the avi file to video (rendering) that causes the grief. You will need to have a decent program that will encode properly. Ulead Movie Factoy and Pinnacle Studeo for example. Better yet, try 'ProShow Gold' It is the best that I have found so far.

Mike,

So I'm Hoping I can Convert .exe files in the beta5 version to Video files. Or am I thinking wrong here?

I believe your thinking along the wrong idea here. PTE does not convert your exe ( no need to create a exe version to produce video version of your show) ... nor for that matter does your NERO software convert exes either. PTE only produces the avi/video information (a temp Project1_vid.avi file) so your NERO software can create the actual video to the CD or DVD disc. Your NERO software must support creation of VCD/SVCD/DVD formats. VCD and SVCD format can be written to normal CDR discs. DVD format is created to actual DVD disc using a DVD burner. (Quality and time to produce is dependent on format type you select and encoders (codecs) used ... DVD is best quality)

As Michel mentions .... you need something like NERO VISION to create video ... not all NERO burning software support video creation. You must first find out what burn format capabilities your NERO has.

From my reading, many users here have had varying degrees of success of using NERO to create their videos. Best to do a forum search for "NERO" to see others posting on this subject.

* Heres a start ... do a search for other postings :

WnSoft Forums - Creating SVCD using Nero 6

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...&t=1469&hl=nero