WnSoft Forums

New and a little lost: iso image

Joe Hogan

Hi.. I am new here and using the trial software for the first time. Things have been very straight forward up until I want to create my DVD. I have my dvd.pte file created and now wish to burn to the disc. I have opened the Burn iso window and entered the details of speed etc but the last option: "iso.image"... here I am not sure what to do; if I need to create that or browse for it (if I need to browse, then where?)

Hoping that someone can help me!

Thanks in advance

Joe

Many thanks Tom!

much appreciated, and very clear and logical advice.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the PTE Forums. Usually the burn ISO option is used if you have previously created an ISO image of the DVD. Creating an ISO image is an option not required for normal DVD creation.

From PTE select Publish Show option.

Your Project file (.pte) should be loaded automatically.

Select Project Options and make sure your TV system (PAL or NTSC) and Menu aspect ratio (4:3 or 16:9) are set correctly

The Bit Rate is important and you want to set it as high as possible without running out of disc space (see progress bar at bottom of screen). 9800 kbps is highest quality

You can add a menu and chapter options or just create a simple DVD with no menu.

Click Next button.

The last screen is where you name your project and if you want to burn a DVD or create an ISO image.

If you are planning to create the same disc later you might want to create an ISO image and Burn DVD disc.

Then it's just a matter to burning the disc. I use Sony DVD+R (cheap) and avoid Maxell discs and some other brands that have failed me in the past.

Click Start button.

If you just want to play around while you are testing just create an ISO image and then mount it in Windows as a drive letter. The easiest way to do this is to install Virtual CloneDrive which is a free program that is really nice. After you mount the ISO as a drive letter (double click on iso file) then you can use Media Player Classic Home Cinema to play the DVD image.

Good luck,

Tom