WnSoft Forums

Video Speed

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Just been playing around with one of my last shows "Urban Abstract", which I thought the ending needed improving. It didn't contain any video, which I thought didn't fit the theme. Then I remembered what I'd been able to do with video in another show "Last Tango in Lord Street", so I had a look at the other effects "Video Pad" could achieve & came across "Posterize" so I applied that to a clip & added it to the end, where I now think the show has a better end. While I was looking I came across speed, which I know Gary has been playing around with. I tried it on the clip I had posterized & it seems to work OK in both directions & it can also be reversed which could produce some interesting effects. For a free programme I think it is very useful to keep in you video editing library.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-26450200-1356511127_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

It does look pretty good. Is the video output quality as good as PTE? I like that you can use virtualdub filters in the professional version. I wish I had time to use all the software I have.smile.gif

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom

Just back from a Boxing day away from PC's, took some pics & video in our local mega mall " the Trafford Centre" will try some experiments & report back.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

I've now edited a sample clip from yesterdays trip to the Trafford Centre, converted it in PTE, re-edited in Video Builder to give speed increase & decrease of 25% & an additional reverse action clip, then uploaded it to YouTube.

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Just thought I would see how far I could take the slomo, so this clip is at 50% of the original, didn't bother inserting it into PTE so the sound is still there.

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Tom

The clip from the camera was converted in PTE.

This was then introduced into Video pad via the add media button, see v1.

The clip link is then dragged into the box below. See v2.

Then click the effects tab, click the first frame of the video in the film strip/timeline, click the effect required (speed). see v3.

The converted clips were inserted to a PTE 7.07 show with a blank slide between the clips with text, this was then converted to MP4 & uploaded to Youtube, the second single clip was just uploaded direct from VP & uploaded. Hope this is clear.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-98024000-1356735321_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-79776200-1356735353_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-89805900-1356735375_thumb.jp