WnSoft Forums

Moving Groups of Slides

jinjagoliath

Hi Folks,

I use P2E with great success to do presentations to Music (hope to show some presents. soon on Beechbrook) However, one of my main frustrations is moving and duplicating multiple slides...

When doing images to songs, lyrics often repeat (e.g.chorus) and it would be really great to duplicate whole groups of slides instead of having to re-position them in the time-line all over again.

Has any one else come up with a solution? I would really like to have this feature!!

Yours JG

JG,

One way would be to "drop" the new slides onto the timeline any old way, then import the pte file into my Adjustor model and copy the "delay" timing from the slides already positioned for the initial "chorus" to the new slides. Then export the file and re-load it into PTE.

You might have to do this a couple of times, until you get the starting timing for the new "chorus" of slides just right. "Adjustor" is available on Beechbrook. Please let me know if you need more explicit instructions.

Hi all you PTE experts out there. I see a continuous thread going on about PTE internal applity to allow the user to arrange the order of slides in the slide list. I have just started using PTE to make client presentations of wedding photography and am constantly frustrated by having to individually reorder slides. There appears to be no way inside PTE to adjust the ordering of slides other than moving them one at a time in the slide list. Is this true? Am I missing something? If it is true - this is a major drawback of PTE. Given a presentation of 300+ slides this makes using PTE a tedious and inefficent method of constructing a presentation.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, dharvey,

Welcome to the Forum!

You're right, there is no other way, within PTE - at the moment.

There are a couple of ways outside of PTE. You can use a "thumbnail" or "light-table" program such as "Thumbs Plus" to organize your slides before importing into PTE, and rename them so that they will appear in the left-hand "file list" in the proper order. Then they can be copied as is to the "slide list".

Or, you can use the Adjustor model to view the already-selected images as thumb-nails on a "dark-table" and then rearrange them so that they appear in the proper order in the right-hand "slide list".