WnSoft Forums

Menu Facility

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

The year is drawing to a close, I have my Christmas public show in the can & looking forward to 2014 where my first show will be one of this years cinema blockbusters. So what next? My spring presentation will be a mixture of my stuff, internet image based shows & shows from other sources. As my audience has come to expect a fancy menu led show, with video, 3D transitions & the like how can I go one better? I can't.

This afternoon I downloaded version 4.49 which is supposed to be able to accept any PTE exe from different versions. After struggling for a couple of hours, I have given up, there are so many improvements in later versions, reverting to 4.49 is not an option for me, I might as well put all the exe's I want to use into one folder, number them in the order they are to be used in & leave it at that. :(/>

My point, instead of concentrating on features that will have minimal useage, why not go all out & make PTE menu construction universal to exe's everywhere. I'm sure every AV group & camera club in the world would rejoice if this was available, just think of the millions of exe's there are that could be given a new lease of life. :rolleyes:/>

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-05039300-1383400984_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...
Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Yachtsman1

I agree that a menu system would be really good, I believe that with a bit of work on Igor's part the DVD menu system, could be employed to create a front end menu solution to drive a list of exe files. It would also then be very customisable by the user.

There is a lot more to this subject, I've been using PTE menu's since 2007, quite successfully & ever more complex with videos as the menu slide, it is just I can't achieve it in the current version. As I said in another thread, maybe RC3 will sort it out.

Yachtsman1.