WnSoft Forums

BT Ditching Yahoo

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

For the last month or more BT have been making preparations to finally break with Yahoo. They have been throwing all sorts of spanners into their works to try to push people into using their homepage. I have resisted up to now as I like yahoo, use their bookmarks & BT Yahoo mail. Now this month BT will finally break away & the only way I will be able to use my existing mail service will be through the BT homepage. I have already transferred a couple of residents here to from Yahoo to BT as the constant entering of passwords & log-ins was driving them potty. I just wondered if any other members used BT Yahoo or had transferred to BT Homepage, and if there were any problems with how it was being used. I use a Mozilla browser.

Yachtsman1.

For the last month or more BT have been making preparations to finally break with Yahoo. They have been throwing all sorts of spanners into their works to try to push people into using their homepage. I have resisted up to now as I like yahoo, use their bookmarks & BT Yahoo mail. Now this month BT will finally break away & the only way I will be able to use my existing mail service will be through the BT homepage. I have already transferred a couple of residents here to from Yahoo to BT as the constant entering of passwords & log-ins was driving them potty. I just wondered if any other members used BT Yahoo or had transferred to BT Homepage, and if there were any problems with how it was being used. I use a Mozilla browser.

Yachtsman1.

Eric,

I would be very happy to get away from Yahoo email. New Zealand Telecom some years ago outsourced their email services to Yahoo, and there have been on-going problems ever since.

Recently Yahoo were hacked, and over 80,000 email addresses and passwords of Telecom Xtra clients were stolen and used for spam messaging etc. Clients were forced to change their passwords and until they did so they were blocked out of their emails, and Telecom Xtra were forced to spend many hours checking just which clients were compromised.

Then after that ballsup died down, it happened again, and Telecom finally told Yahoo to get their ducks in a row or lose the Xtra contract. In my humble opinion they are well named - they are just a bunch of yahoos:

(yahoo1

/ˈjɑːhuː,jəˈhuː/

nouninformal

noun: yahoo; plural noun: yahoos

a rude, noisy, or violent person.synonyms: barbarian, philistine, vulgarian, savage, brute, beast, boor, oaf, ruffian, thug, lout, hoodlum, hooligan, vandal, rowdy, bully boy, brawler;)

Count your blessings, Eric, BT cannot be as bad or worse than Yahoo.

Regards,

Colin