WnSoft Forums

Creating a Menu

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I have just returned from presenting my Spring AV show to our residents. The show had 14 exe files from various sources & compiled into a menu in my usual way. After the third exe finished instead of returning to the menu page, I got a distorted green shimmering screen. The menu is a manual version of the auto menu I posted last week. To get rid of the green screen I had to use the escape key & re-initiate the menu exe. This happened after the following exe so I resorted to initiating each remaining exe manually & all played & finished correctly. I don't know if this is a bug, my hardware or something to do with series 8? The menu is just under 1GB.

The menu was constructed on my new desktop & transferred to the laptop via a memory stick, it was fully tested on the desktop before transferring, & last Saturday tested on the LT, where I was ending the exe's early using the esc key & experienced a similar phenomena a couple of times, but put it down to not letting the exe's end naturally.

I've just checked the help files & can't find a "construct a menu" section. So the question is has anyone had any similar problems?

I will test the LT tomorrow using a menu constructed to run automatically to the menu page, with the menu page set to loop as described in my demo last week & report back..

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Just to add a little more to the original post, the content of the menu is just under 1GB, but the menu exe is only 12MB. In case that caused raised eyebrows.

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

I have now reconfigured the menu that failed last night to a semi auto menu, meaning the opening title slides advance automatically to to the exe menu slide, this was re-set to loop, the 14 exe's are then initiated from links on the exe slide, after the 14th exe is finished I have a finish exe set to advance automatically, this has a link on the menu slide. When the end exe sequence finishes the show reverts back to the original menu screen. I could add a blank black slide to the end exe to close the show on a black screen, but as this show is now consigned to my archive, I've left it as it was. I have re-configured my Autumn show as above, tested it & all appears fine. The screen shots are from my Autumn show.

To conclude, IMO there is still a hole in the help files for a menu construction section.

Yeachtsman1.

post-5560-0-25010800-1395836841_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-25900900-1395836851_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-73237000-1395836862_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-95941300-1395836874_thumb.jp