WnSoft Forums

musical uncertainty

DPaul

Hi,

When I download some of the sample shows, it strikes me that the music score is often a very popular tune by the original performer.

I know that copyright laws are different in every country, ours being one of the harshest.

I don't know the numbers by heart, but say that I wanted to use "please release me" by Tom Jones, I would have to budget +/- 20 euro per 20 seconds per time I show this AV. A little over the top.

Somebody put me in the direction of the "creative commons" site, and indeed, there is a lot of material to be found.

Does anybody have any other suggestions where I could find royalty-free music, to be used in non-commercial shows and competitions?

thx,

Paul

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi,

When I download some of the sample shows, it strikes me that the music score is often a very popular tune by the original performer.

I know that copyright laws are different in every country, ours being one of the harshest.

I don't know the numbers by heart, but say that I wanted to use "please release me" by Tom Jones, I would have to budget +/- 20 euro per 20 seconds per time I show this AV. A little over the top.

Somebody put me in the direction of the "creative commons" site, and indeed, there is a lot of material to be found.

Does anybody have any other suggestions where I could find royalty-free music, to be used in non-commercial shows and competitions?

thx,

Paul

Kevin Macleod is one site you can download using the Creative Commons licence. He has two sites make sure you use the correct one. There is another that I introduced a couple of months ago that I just can't recall but will come back.

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Kevin Macleod is one site you can download using the Creative Commons licence. He has two sites make sure you use the correct one. There is another that I introduced a couple of months ago that I just can't recall but will come back.

Yachtsman1

Hi The other one was http://www.linorise.com/ .The Kevin Macleod site is http://incompetech.com/music/

Yachtsman1