WnSoft Forums

How to keep cat off keyboard!

isabel95

http://www.pbase.com/image/27137103

Carrying the keyboard from the bedroom to my computer got to be a real hassle and I have a nice divot in its case to prove that.

Finally figured out how to place it next to the computer, but Louie likes to rest on it. I wonder about the springs of the keys.

Anyone have an idea how I can keep him off?

Isabel

Yes, how about placing for him an old computer with cats, rats and dog images, when every key on your clipboard will change the image and even make some animal sound.

... and the best of all, the Cat's program will be free :P

I have a wonderful video and dvd called "Video Catnip" which absolutely entrances him. Any one who has a cat and likes to photograph it, should get a copy of that program. Problem is he won't pay attention to it all day long. Here he is with rapt attention, watching it, back before I moved the keyboard out of my bedroom into its present spot: http://www.pbase.com/image/26635156

I think those towels are just too inviting!

Isabel

:o WOW !!!

What a Site !!!

...here comes another sleepless night :huh:

Don't miss it.

Thanks...I think...are you talking about Digipets? It's a group I started to help people improve their pet photography! We've got people into cats, dogs, birds, bunnies and horses!

Isabel

Sorry I can't give you an answer. We've got three of the pesky critters and if I go near the computer they've all got to gather around me.

Hey..I'm actually responding to advise you that me and the wife thoroughly enjoyed your slideshows..."Gotta Love Louie" and "Gotta Love Ricky, To"..we've watched them several times..excellent. I've recently made a PTE slideshow of my three critters but haven't posted.

Lot's of luck with the keyboard...and continue with your photographic artistry...KEN

Sorry I can't give you an answer. We've got three of the pesky critters and if I go near the computer they've all got to gather around me.

Hey..I'm actually responding to advise you that me and the wife thoroughly enjoyed your slideshows..."Gotta Love Louie" and "Gotta Love Ricky, To"..we've watched them several times..excellent. I've recently made a PTE slideshow of my three critters but haven't posted.

Lot's of luck with the keyboard...and continue with your photographic artistry...KEN

Looking forward to seeing your show with your three critters. It's nice to see some animal programs amonst all the travelogues!

My husband is going to build a platform to go over the keyboard. That should solve the problem.

Isabel

Isabel

So I was joking but I made the "GeniusCat" free program for cats and dogs. All you have to do is run the exe, browse for images folder, and let your darling hit the keys. Each click on any key (not including numbers) will show a random image full screen. Also there are two cats and two dogs hiding inside. Click with your mouse in secret places to hear them. It's not too much but it can be enhanced to include all kind of animals and voices. I uploaded it Here.

Granot

Hey - love the digipets site!!!

J :D G

Here's another idea for the cat - :P

http://www.fish-byte.com/

I have tried this screensaver on my PC and it is unbelievably realistic!!

You can trial it for free and just see what I mean. Perhaps good enough to fool the cat too?

Worth a try!

J ;) G

Isabel,

You could also do as I do when we baby-sit our daughter's cat, Misha. I lower the temperature of the house, so that when it comes prowling around my pc, it climbs up on the monitor, instead of the keyboard, as it is nice and warm up there. :)