WnSoft Forums

Windowed Mode Question

paul alford

Thanks Al Robin for telling me about the object arrows can nudge now... thats a help to get things lined up.

Now, if I do a show in the windowed mode (800x600) is there a way to get the rest of the screen to go black ? I am still making most of my client proofing shows at 800x600 since I believe most still have 14" monitors... so I want to make them 800x600, but dont want the rest of the screen showing. Messes up the "look".

Thanks !

Paul

Paul,

You're welcome.

Re the plain background, set background size to be as large or larger than the screen size and choose the black background. Experiment a bit to see what works best.

Guest Techman1

Paul,

You could load a PTE show that only loads a black slide and make it's resolution the largest you might expect a client to use. Make it display full screen. Have this single slide remain active (don't exit after last slide) then have it run your real client proof slide show using the "Run external application". At the end of your real slide show, have it exit and the original black slide will still be there. Your client can be instructed to press the ESC key to exit.

When I provide CD's to clients, I have a small label printed that is put on the case that includes instructions for running the slide show. These include; exiting all other programs first, adjusting the volume on their PC's and how to run the slide show program if they don't have their PC setup to automatically run from a CD with the Autorun.inf file present. It also states at the end of the show to press the ESC key to exit. It also includes my copyright info, phone number, etc.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Fred

I should point out that if you are using objects, and want to maintain their relative positions on the underlying image, there is a problem with the solution I indicated, even in "windowed mode". However, you can work around this by placing small empty text boxes (empty except for a "space" character to hold them open) at each corner of the image, selecting all objects, and then pressing the "Group" button.