WnSoft Forums

Make multi changes on multi shows

boxig

OK, this is a bit complicated. Suppose you have a show with 200 slides and you want to change, for example, all places where you used ariel fonts to another font ? :huh: Or you want to change path of images of few shows, which where moved on your computer ? :huh: Or maybe you want to change your old email or your old web site address to the new ones, on all your 50 old shows ? :huh:

A lot of work, Ha ? :o

So just to let you know, there is a new program :D with which you can:

1) Search for all pte files containing the word you want to change.

2) Create a new pte file with one click.

Ya, you guess right. As a matter of fact, I did not make it for pte users :angry: but as a text utility which can easily and better search for words or combination of words in files like TXT, HTM, HTML, LOG, INI, INF, CGI, CSS, JS, BAS, CPP, PTE and more. Then I realized it can be of some use to you (and you can use it for any text related jobs).

Now, here is the catch :( The program needs a registration but PTE members will get a free :D registration, for limited time only, and I expect to get your feedback, comment and suggestions how to make it better.

The program has four windows, each with many functions, including my "Nodepad".

If you write me, I will send it to you by email (500 kb zip). It is called "TextFinderPro".

Hope to hear from you and get your comments.

;) Granot

Guest Techman1

Granot,

Another program!?!?! Do you ever take a break? :D Anyway, I would appreciate receiving a copy of your program. I have a few tasks that I could probably use it on right away to fully test it out. I believe you have my email address, if not I'll send you an email message.

Thank you again for always thinking of us PTE users. I know there are many of us on this forum that greatly appreciate all your efforts.

Best regards,

Fred

I was asked by some members to give some more info so here it is. Notice the most functions work on pte files:

TextFinderPro

Search for words in text files with option to change words.

Double-click on file to replace words. You can save the new file in

folder and name you choose with original extension pte or other.

Any File Button

===========

Basically for TXT , PTE files but can do a lot of things with any other file type.

Buttons from left to right:

==================

1) Browse to select a folder and the program will Load List of all TXT files (and pte files) in that folder. New List will NOT be saved unless you click on "Save".

2) Load the last saved List located in program's folder.

3) A new window will open where you can write and save a new Text File. This new file will be added automatically to the List. New List will be saved. You can use right-click menu inside the text box.

4) Browse for any file. The file will be added automatically to the List. New List will be saved.

5) Copy content of selected file to Clipboard.

6) Remove selected item from the List. New List will be saved.

7) Clear all items from List. New List will NOT be saved unless you click on "Save".

8) Save the current displayed List.

You can Drag and Drop any file to window. The file dropped will be added automatically to the List. New List will be saved. When selecting a file from the list, its full path is sent to clipboard. If the file is a text file (TXT, PTE, INI, LOG, INF) you can see its content in the Text Viewer. Double click on any file on the list will open the file with the associated default program.

When you select a file from the list you get file info like file size in bytes, date of creation and last modification date.

Find Word Button

============

Browse for TXT or PTE file and search for word like image name, sound file or anything. Program will tell you all the exact locations of words. You can copy the lines in which the word appears to clipboard. You can use the Replace Words function to change any word.

Nodepad

=======

This free text editor was is included for your convenience.

Append text to the second window and call the whole text when done.

Drag and drop text file (txt) to black rectangle.

Change fonts type, style, color.

Change background color.

Use two scroll bars or one of them the way you like.

Search for TXT file and auto display if found (don't write extension).

Opens: txt,inf,ini

Saves: txt

Search: txt

Granot