WnSoft Forums

Using Loader60.exe

Captain America

I'v downloaded the Loader60.exe and Runshow.ini files to use at the start of my presentation. The instructions were a bit confusing to me and since I rarely write scripts or strings in notepad for anything except "autorun", I couldn't get it to work properly. This is my fault because I don't know how to properly and exactly write the script/string. Could someone send me some help? You can reply directly to my e-mail if thats possible and preferable. Thanks.

Captain America

If you tell me the NAME of your .EXE of which you plan to load and whether its a FULL SCREEN show or a WINDOWED type show ... I will Email you a copy of what the INI should look like.

You only need to enter the NAME of your show in one location if its a FULL SCREEN show . You need to enter the NAME of the show 2 times only if its a WINDOWED type show.

We wil get you working.

Hi Stu,

"Loader60" is a very useful utility but some people (like me) sometimes have "Sciptophobia". So what about making a small tool where user write the exe name and the ini is generated ?

I'm thinking of further uses of a tool like this which can be very useful. It may combine autorun generator too. I though of doing such one, but in that case I'll need to bother you a bit. What do you think ?

Granot

Boxig

I had given thought to including such a ini generator for the Loader in the past ... however, it would have only been useful for the user who produced their Shows in Full Screen Mode. Their was no way to dectect the Users given Title Bar Name if created in Windowed Mode. I wanted to Loader to be useful for all types.

The Loader is somewhat out dated now for any practical use in PTE ... since Igor has addressed and resolved the loading lag issues in the exe execution. And again, most recently with Igors announcement of the loading optimization for all types of Shows loading .

So, the Loader at its time of conception served a useful purpose for PTE users then ... but, now the Loader needs to pack up and move on to other things.

The add on Tools I create for PTE serve to temporarily give the users the flexability of what PTE may lack at the given time untill Igor addresses our needs. Igor has done and is doing a wonderful job in addressing these user needs ... superbly. (Even though these needs may not be addressed in the users priority order of things as they want them)

Stu,

You'r right but "Loader60" can be used not only for PTE show so it's still useful utility for everyone to keep.

I wonder why Igor spend most of his time concentrating on sound section. There are so many things can be added to PTE and I have a feeling that one day he will be sorry not dedicating more time on other functions.

One very useful need is a scroll text. People who use PTE professinally need to add long text, which can't be done with object, and it looks ugly with "Run Html or Notepad".

I just uploaded my new "autorun.inf" maker which must be a part from PTE. Another must is a multi autorun which allow including many show in a CD and viewing them (but now we have many utilities that do this).

And what about animation ? when finally we can add animated gif ?

Granot

Boxig

I may possibly reconsider doing one last final improved version of the Loader ... since it does serve other uses for other projects PTE users may otherwise have need for.

In reply to other features needed in PTE and timelines for their appearance ... everything has its own priority in the main scheme of things I suspect. I personally give great credit to Igor for the attention and improvements hes giving in the Sound features. I would have to persume the main objective or primary ingredient of any Slide Show program ... would be to implement " Premier" picture and sound features to perfection. The added features you speak of are mainly "supplemental" and enhancements to main needs ... not that they dont warrant attention.

My way of creating a package is quality first , functionality, ease and speed of use and then supplemental enhancements to expand the overall functionality. ;)

Oh well ... Im patient ... for the best. B)

... and keep up all your program enhancements ... as you know its not as easy a task to keep on implementing improvements.

• 3 years later...

Boxig

I may possibly reconsider doing one last final improved version of the Loader ... since it does serve other uses for other projects PTE users may otherwise have need for.

In reply to other features needed in PTE and timelines for their appearance ... everything has its own priority in the main scheme of things I suspect. I personally give great credit to Igor for the attention and improvements hes giving in the Sound features. I would have to persume the main objective or primary ingredient of any Slide Show program ... would be to implement " Premier" picture and sound features to perfection. The added features you speak of are mainly "supplemental" and enhancements to main needs ... not that they dont warrant attention.

My way of creating a package is quality first , functionality, ease and speed of use and then supplemental enhancements to expand the overall functionality. :rolleyes:

Oh well ... Im patient ... for the best. :D

... and keep up all your program enhancements ... as you know its not as easy a task to keep on implementing improvements.

Perhaps Loader60 should be revived. See my post: http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....indpost&p=25637

You can make it invokable only 1 time per second thereby making it an anti-double-click as well!