WnSoft Forums

Image resolution for Projection

EOSPete

Apologies if this question has been asked previously but I am new here and my searches didn't find the answer.

If I am projecting a PTE show via a digitial projector (assuming project res of 1024x768) is this also the optimum res. for images in PTE?

Thanks

P

Pete

welcome to the form.

I am sure if you use the search feature of the forum, you find settings for the projector question,

and also there have been some mention of business card cds

Just make sure you go deep enough in the search settings -- all of the forum not just the last 30 days

ken

If I am projecting a PTE show via a digitial projector (assuming project res of 1024x768) is this also the optimum res. for images in PTE?

Yes Pete. It's always better not to ask PTE resizes pictures.

Hi Pete

A definite YES. As Guru says it is better not to force PTE to resize.

The only problem then comes if you the decide to re-purpose for higher or lower resolution, but as 1024x768 is the optimum resolution for PTE to generate DVD files it is a good choice for most uses.

If your slides are produced as Photoshop (or Paint Shop Pro) layers you could start at a higher size (say 1280x960 or similar) and resize there. If you then save the layers to the same names you can produce versions at different resolutions.

Hi Pete,

If it's any help to you:

I resize the image to 1000x667 pixels in photoshop elements, then save as jpg quality 6, this seems a good compromise between file size and image quality.

I arrived at quality 6 by taking the same image and saving it at all the jpg compressions available i.e. 12 through 1, 12 being the best and of course highest file size. I projected these in sequence starting with the lowest resolution until I got to the point where there was now increase in visable quality, that was jpg 6.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

Alan