WnSoft Forums

audio link to specific slide

cgbraggjr

I know this is an old question, but something has happened on the way to audio tracks and 8.0. I cannot see how to link an audio clip to a slide so that the audio does not start until the slide does. My show pauses at each slide for a key click to advance to the next slide. I find my audio is starting before the appropriate slide.

This used to work very easily, but I'm stumped. Help - please.

Chuck B

Ignore message below. I checked off the "Synchronize soundtrack and slides" and set the offset on each slide to zero, and it seems to be working. Thought I tried that before but obviously not. Sorry for the bother.

Sorry, but it doesn't work for me. I was using the Slide Options to add audio, but that didn't work either. Here's what happens. My first slide is 5.5 seconds long. The second slide has an audio file attached by your method. As I said, I have slides hold until a key is depressed and the next slide appears. If I just let the first slide sit there, after 5.5 seconds the audio from the second slide starts to play.

In previous versions you had to have the project options set a certain way to link audio directly to slides. Nothing I try is working.

CB

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Chuck B.

Glad your problem is solved. I've slept on what you originally said & this morning remembered a similar problem I had a couple of years ago with a manual menu show. In that particular instance I ticked the "loop sound track" box & the problem went away but I didn't really go into why. I don't usually use the add audio to a particular slide facility in PTE as I've been a lifelong Audacity user & find it easier to edit the complete sound track in Audacity, then fine tune it in PTE. However, as I said in my first reply, I used your method in the show I compiled yesterday but mine isn't a manual show. I made a couple more screen shots to illustrate my show settings.

Yachtsman1.

aaf2.jpg

aaf3.jpg