WnSoft Forums

Improper Image Rotation

Tracy

I use Pic 2 Exe as a sales tool in my studio. Recently it displays all my images in the horizontal position.

I am using a Canon 10D with the Auto Rotation feature on which should display the images correctly. It does work correctly in the Canon image software. This started about a week ago. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tracy

Hi, Tracy,

Welcome to the Forum!

The special Canon orienting feature is mainly for displaying the image correctly in the camera. However, if the images are still oriented horizontally after importing, you will have to rotate them with your special Canon software, or in an image-editing program like Photoshop or IrfanView and save again once they are in the proper orientation before using in PTE. Check "My Computer\My Pictures\ ....", or whatever, to see if they appear vertically there.

If the software was automatically orienting the images before, and is no longer doing so, then you must have turned off some feature in the menu of the camera or in the Canon software. Or, maybe you have changed your method of importing from the camera to the pc (e.g. copying them directly using "Explorer" or "My Computer" instead of through the Canon software "wizard").

My Nikon D70 has a similar feature, and I have the same "problem".

If you have a lot of verticals, you can use the batch mode in your editing software to rotate the whole group at once, provided you have them all in a special folder.

Al,

Thanks for the suggestion. I had the same thought. I opened about twenty files from an engagement session and batched processed them. I rotated them and scaled them down to run faster in the slide show. There were still about 25% of the images rotated incorrectly.

I didn't have this happen until about two weeks ago. To my knowledge I have not changed anything.

Select all the images which have to be rotated in Windows Explorer. Right click on one of them and select Rotate.

If you use the File Browser in PSCS they are only rotated in the browser and you must open them in order the rotation to become efective.

If you batch process in PS you must have two folders as the source one for Horizontal the other for vertical and an action for each one. A script can nontheless detect if a picture is in Landscape or Portrait.