WnSoft Forums

PTE Custom Synchronisation

Conflow

Hello from Ireland -

Is there anywhere on the Forum where I can find 'Instructions' to use

the PTE facility "Customize Synchronisation" ?

Each time I try to use the facility I seem to make an absolute mess of it !!

Brian Kelly. Conflow.Dublin

conflow@iol.ie

Hi, Brian,

Welcome to the Forum!

You could have a look at my basic tutorial, PTE 101, available as a free download at Beechbrook Cottage , page 4.

And, if you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to post them to the Forum.

Hi Brian,

Welcome to the forum. The "Customize Synchronisation" is straight forward but there are a few things you need to understand before it makes sense. You need to explain what is going wrong as different things cause different problems, i.e. music file lenght, transition times slide lists ect, however try Al's download and if you are still stuck post again. If things get realy bad then Clive Timmons and I are close by in Dublin, and the Irish A/V comunity is growing all the time. Plug for workshop in Belfast Saturday 15th May 10.30 am at the Cresent Arts Center University Rd. Thats my comission earned :D

Alan

Hi, Brian,

Welcome to the Forum!

You could have a look at my basic tutorial, PTE 101, available as a free download at Beechbrook Cottage , page 4.

And, if you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to post them to the Forum.

Hi Al,

Many thanks for the quik response,I downloaded PT101 Tutorial- an excellent presentation,

terse,factual and to the point - wonderful job.

After much burning of "midnight oil" I had the whole thing up and running perfectly by 3:00am and then the bombshell ?

* Navigation Bar is not available in Auto-Synchro Mode ?

* Navigation Bar is not available in Custom Synchro Mode ?

* Navigation Bar only available in Free-Run Mode, which looses Soundtrack Sync etc;-

I find this to be incredulous, seeing as the Nav Functions (Start,Stop,Pause,Drop-In) work

so very well in the Customization Window - perhaps I am overlooking something ?

Part of my job is to give Lectures, usually I run the Slide Show straight through then I scroll

it and stop on various Slides to Lecture on various 'on-screen' topics.

This is the reason I needed the Custom Synch features in the 1st.instance - so I would not

loose background synchronization within the remaining content of the Show - all I want is Pause, Exit ? - Is this possible ?

Again many thanks for your help - may I digress and thank Alan Lyons and Clive for their

resposes, yep! you guys, I got the plug about Belfast -

Brian Kelly.Conflow Dublin.

conflow@iol.ie

Brian

Navigation Bar is not available ?

the nav bar was made available but the box to enable it has to be checked

and you can program it to show or not to show -- not to show you can use arrow keys space bar pause button to navigate

Clive or Alan will gladly help you if you get stuck B)

see

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...+navigation+bar

or run a seach using show navigation bar

ken

I made a reply to your suggestion and posted it into the "Add Reply Section" - hope I am

doing this correctly

Hi, Brian,

Yes, you did it correctly. Or, as you seem to have found out, you could also just press "Quote", and the reply box will pop up, along with a box for the quote.

Sorry, my tutorial does not yet cover the changes made by Igor in the latest version of PTE (I'm working on it, and it should be available shortly). So, there is nothing there to cover the use of the Nav bar in "synch" mode. Thanks, Ken, for covering this for me, and sorry, Brian, for any confusion this may have generated. :)

Hi Brian,

There is a thread which has just passed onto page 2 so it will not be on your screen

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=2&t=1851

but the guy seems to be trying to achive the same result. It might be wort having a look.

Alan

Hello from Ireland -

Is there anywhere on the Forum where I can find 'Instructions' to use

the PTE facility "Customize Synchronisation" ?

Each time I try to use the facility I seem to make an absolute mess of it !!

Brian Kelly. Conflow.Dublin

conflow@iol.ie

Hi Guys,

Special thanks to AL, Ken, Alan - I finally got PTE up and running perfectly as I wanted it -

AL,you were right, and at my age and experience I should never take things for granted !!

Having loaded and activated PTE V.420 I was absolutely convinced I was running on that

platform. I uploaded my CD-Show copied & pasted it into V.420, then ran it and Saved As

the "Origional File Name"...

Little did I know that the damn thing had evoked V.414 which I had set aside in a Double

Folder just in case - It had simply over written itself as a V.414 File... @*##@%&<?...

Thats how I felt...

I found a much better way of importing V.414 Files into the V.420 Program, with Explorer:-

a) Find the Folder where you saved your Show (*.pte) Exe File - open the Folder and then

minimise it to the Taskbar.

B) Find the PTE V.420 Folder and 'Open it' and leave it Open.

c) Now maximise the Show Folder and "drag" the Show Exe File onto the PTE Exe Icon.

d) A window will open, now Left Click on "Open with..." - The file will auto-load into V.420,

now run it and Save it as a V.420 File - works perfectly for me every time.

You can do this much faster on the Desktop by creating 2 File Shortcuts and dragging the

Show (*.pte) straight across onto the PTE Exe Icon. NOW SAVE IT AS A V.420 File.

Best Regards,

Brian Kelly.Conflow.Dublin.

conflow@iol.ie