WnSoft Forums

Won't run

mdoyle

What are the possible reasons that slideshows initiated by a button will not run on another computer? When the .exe is run on a computer other than the one that created the .exe, the menu comes up, but none of the buttons will work.

Please disregard. I figured it out.

I'm pretty new to this, and I'm sure an expert will know exactly what to do, but in the mean time, I think I read something in these topics about bundling the stuff in the same folder.

For example, if master.exe is the main show that has the button on it, and if you press the button to start sub.exe, the path to sub.exe might say what it was on your source computer. If those 2 are not in the same folder, then when you get to the destination computer and click on the button, it might start looking for sub.exe's folder (on the source computer) which may not be there.

So the advice was when you package it for CD or zip or whatever, put everything for this show in the same folder on the source computer, or delete the path references from the button links. As long as everything is in the same folder on the destination computer (or CD), sub.exe will be found, even without the full path name.

Wow! I just re-read that and I'm not sure I understand it. :blink: Hope this helps.

Or ignore this and wait for an expert... one will be with you in a few moments... :D

to put in brief terms what David is saying is when you set a task for a button to run a show, in the browse box all you need is "showtitle.exe" and not C:/shows/showtitle/showtitle.exe.

What I do is set up a floder on the HD and fill it with the shows you want to link you can then test your buttons to see if the links work. If all is ok then transfare all to your CD. I would send it first to a CDRW so if there are problems you can coreect then copy to CDR,

Alan