WnSoft Forums

Can someone help with this?????

red

I'm a brand new pic to exe person(as of today)!

I thought that I would be able to make a slideshow on one computer and copy it to disk (C.D.); then play it on my laptop. It works fine on the computer that created it when I play it from the same disk. My laptop seems to need to have all the music and image files previously loaded to run the slidesshow. What if I want to make a disk as a gift to a friend...do they also need all the files previously loaded?

Am I crazy or what?

It says"Pictures not found"and "Sound files not found"

Can anyone help?

Welcome to the Forum!

I really think the easiest and best way for you to solve this is to do searches in this forum. When I first joined, I read most of the whole forum and learned so much just by reading other peoples' comments and questions. It was great! :D

If you don't have the time right now, do a search on "different computer" or something like that. I can almost guarantee your answers are here already.

From reading your symptoms, I can think of one thing that might be wrong right off. Putting together the slides is different from creating an executable. The commands to put the slide show together are very small and are stored in a text-like file. When you do a "Save", that's what you saved. To make the show viewable on any computer, you have to do a File \ "Create Slidehow. This packages the whole thing together in an executable (hence the name) that is self-contained and can run anywhere.

Sounds like you may not be creating the slideshow, and instead you are copying the ".pte" files (very small, like a few K).

Give that a try. ;)

I suspect that (like many first time users) you're not actually producing the final, stand-alone pte show. Do this by clicking on the "Create" button - bottom left hand side. This produces a stand-alone presentation to run on any PC.