WnSoft Forums

registration key

liebgott

Ken

I went into regedit and found the key for PTE. There are lots!!of letters and numbers and three dots at the end. It does not resemble what I see from the other letters on the subject. There are no quotation marks for example.

what am I doing wrong?

Barbara

Barbara,

On my pc, the registration key is called "PTE.KEY". Whether it is "PTE.REG" or "PTE.KEY", double-clicking on it will install the necessary information to the registry, thus "registering" and "unlocking" your copy of PTE. It should be exactly 231 bytes in length.

Barb

the key data in the registry has to be exported oot of the regsistry

to a spot on your hard drive

if you are not familiar with playing in the registry you better get out of it before you get into deep trouble

the reason yours does not look like the others in the thread is because all the letters are not being shown as a security measure

if you have found the registry entry, and your version is registered then why go further.

but if you must

in the right column l click on "key" to hilight it

then

on left column toolbar

file/export

the registry will ask you where you want to export it to and what you want to name it

example

aug_10_04_p2e_key.reg

when it is exported/saved

close the registry

go to the spot you saved it to

it should look like a bunch of little blue boxes

now if you want to look at it

r mouse the reg key

open with

notepad

and you will see a very long series of numbers

take tand save this reg key in its reg form to a floppy and or cd and save it in a safe place that you can remember where it is -- tea box for the vicar :))

if you require a new key you will have to provide all the original order data to the wnsoft support people to get a new key

hope i have not confused you

and i hope i got it right

if i didnt Al, Guido, Gerard or others will correct me

ken

Thanks to all

I actually found that I had saved the registration key in my Outlook file. Wonders of wonders. So I quickly saved it to notepad as you all informed me and then saved it to my backup disk Whew. I never realized it was such an important task but somehow I seemed to know to save it. As for fooling around with the registry--I know better than that!

So thank you all for helping and thank you all for reminding me to save.

Barb :rolleyes::rolleyes: