WnSoft Forums

Playing a small Mpeg in slideshow

DennisG

Guest Techman1

Dennis,

You might want to check out Boxig's web site. I believe his program called "FlashVideoExe" will play an MPEG movie before your slideshow. If it doesn't play MPEG files, I know it plays AVI files, so you may have to convert it first.

His web site is: http://www.thailandphotoalbum.com/

You will find many various programs that help us PTE users.

Good luck.

Fred

One way to accomplish that with current technology would be to break your slide show into sub-shows, the break coming where you want each video. Then use Granot's utility to play the video at the beginning of each "show", and use another utility (or the linking feature of PTE) to string them all together. Not very elegant, but it may do the job. ;)

Thinking just a bit more about it, the sound file(s) may be a bit of a bear with that solution. :blink: Just thinking out loud.

Guest Techman1

Dennis,

To answer your question directly, "Yes" at times I wish it would allow you to simply drop in an AVI or MPEG file. But, as it is currently it doesn't. Maybe this is something that Igor will consider for future releases.

In the mean time, not only can you add Boxig's program, but if you have a video editor program (I use Adobe Premiere) you can create your PTE Slideshow segments as AVI files and then bring those into your video editor. This allows you to also bring in an MPEG file, bring in all of your music files (then you can edit the sound on the timeline) and do other transitions that you may want. It's at least another option to get the job done.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck!

Fred