WnSoft Forums

stopping music on opening slide

travis

This is what I'd like to do: I have an opening slide which has buttons on it to start various slide shows. What I would like to do is have the music on the title slide stop when you press one of the buttons to start another slide show. Right now, both tracks play at the same time. Thanks for your help.

Guest Techman1

Travis,

Currently, this can't be done (unless it was fixed in this most recent release - V4.30, I haven't tested it recently). What you are describing is, you have a "menu" as your first slideshow and then it allows the user to select another slideshow by pressing a button. What I found in the past, was that I had to not include music in the menu if I wanted it to remain open in the background.

If I wanted to have it not remain active in the background then on the final slide (which it may only have one slide), in the option to run external application (the other slideshows) choose the "and exit" option. Then at the end of these other slideshows, run the menu again. This basically creates a loop. The only problem is that if someone presses the ESC key to exit the current slideshow they are returned to the desktop and not the menu.

You might want to put this in the "we'd like to have in the next version thread that is running currently".

Good luck, I hope this helps a little.

Fred

There is a work-around for this problem. I used something similar in my PTE-101 tutorial to give the listener an option to stop the background music.

What you do is copy the last slide on which you have your buttons as many times as there are buttons.

Then for each button you use the option "go to slide # ....", and on each of the copied slides, set the option "run external application "show1.exe" or "show2.exe", etc., in "customize slide". Also, for each copied slide, check "play new background music", but do not add any music. This will cut off the music that is playing, and the slide will direct the viewer to the next show, "show1.exe", or "show2.exe", etc.

Hi Travis,

Would the following work?

Your intro show has say 5 slides. You don't sync the show, so you don't use the timeline. Slides are set as follows

1. "Play new music"

2-4 "Conitnue to play music"

5. No music sellected.

"Keep last slide on screen"

Buttons then use the "Run Application" option.

This should have the music end at slide 4 and present slide 5 for the selection of buttons.

I'll have to make an intro for the Irish Nationals next month, so I would be interested in your success or lack of :D

Best of luck

Alan

P.S. to Al Robinson. Just to remind you that sleepless nights start tonight as the supercircut gets underway tomorrow :(:P

Take a look at my "Intro Demo" on Beechbrook.com Whilst in the instance illustrated, there is not a musical background but a short soundtrack. I use this method with variations for all my full presentations. In one instance I have used a page out of a travel brochure for the last slide in the intro with the "invisible buttons" under each day of the itinerary. Each button "Runs Application..." for that day. There are endless ways of making the intro including a two parter with a tea break.

Ron [uK]

• 3 weeks later...