WnSoft Forums

problem to put different sound

matiou

Hello,

I try to put diferent sounds in a 400 slides slideshow.

But when i try this i can only have the sound for the first slide, even if i put on "customized settings for this slide" .

So my question is :

How can i put the same sound of differents slides. For exemple : sound n°1 on the slide number 1-2-3-4-5 and 6, then sound n°2 on the slide 7-8-9-10 and 11, etc..... .

Thank for your support and happy new year.

Matiou

Matiou

Your approach to adding additional sounds can be made to each and any Slide ... however a few things need to be clerified.

When you add sounds to the Customize Slide/ Music tab and the Project Options/ Music tab ... you are adding Background music sounds. Here you control their background playing scheme ( Continue, Play New, Radom, etc settings)

To add additional or specific Sounds to each or an individual

Slide ... use the Sounds ( the edit box which is below the Show Image and Comments Edit box on PTEs main interface ) The settings in the Customize Slide and Project Options tabs do not control or effect the Sounds you enter into the Sounds edit box main interface.

Enter your Sound choices using the above decription of use ... and you shoud be good to go ... on Sounds.

thank for your help,

but i still have a problem.

I put a "new" sound on picture n°1 , using the Customize Slide/ Music tab .

I want the sound to continue on slide n°2, so i put "Continue" to the Customize Slide/ Music tab , but it doesn' t work. The sound stop after the first slide and there is no sound on slide n°2 .

I know it's possible to use the synchronise system but it would be more easy for me to use the Customize Slide/ Music tab.

Matiou

Matiou,

Like, cake, you can't have it and eat it too! :)

PTE does not mix synch'ed sound and individual slide-based sound (probably for obvious reasons, as controlling it would get pretty tricky, and things are tricky enough as it is).

If you want to use synchronization, then the best option is to use a sound editing software (there are a lot of good ones around, some of them even free). I use "Cool Edit 2000", but "Acoustica" is less expensive, and also quite versatile.

With this you just string all your sounds and music together and "mix them down" as a single ".wav" or ".mp3" file to which you can then synchronize your images.

I believe you could still add a midi file separately, as midi will run concurrently with a wave or mp3 file, but I have not tried it.

Hope this answers your question.

Ciao,

Al

Matiou

Ok, I think I have a liitle more understanding of how your trying to use sounds ( background). It seems you want to use background music to Start New or Continue Playing Existing on a selected Slide. My previous post focused on adding a Sound file on a Slide in combination with your background music selections.

When you use the Customize Slide tab for adding Music or any other customization of a Slide ... those entries you make only work for that Slide selection only. So if you add NEW MUSIC in Slide #1 in the Customize Slide ... select the " Play New Sounds files " ( radio button). If you want to have that Sound File to also play on Slide #2 ... go to Slide #2 in the Customize Slide ... select the " Continue Playing current Sound" ( radio button).

Note : To continue playing the Sound File from Slide #1 to Slide #2 ... your Sound files overall playing time duration must be longer than that of your Slides Total Display. ( You cannot have a 10 sec Sound file and a 15 sec Slide display and expect that Sound File to Continue Playing on the Next Slide ... as there no Sound to continue to play.) If you want to have that same sound file to Play on the next Slide # ... add it as a Play New Sounds ( not as Continue).

Make sure when you use the Customize Slide options ... select or enable the "P" button.

And ... as Alrobin says ... dont even think about trying these functions in a Sync Show Setting. You are obviously manually controlling your Sounds Slide to Slide ... as the Sync Show function wont group a multiple set of Slides in different Music Syncs

Hi, Matiou,

I think I just found some more cake!

I just read on another thread, http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...f=2&t=255&st=0& , in a note by Lin Evans, something that I had forgotten; namely that it is possible to stack a number of music and sound selections and still synchronize the show. This gives you one other possible solution - not likely exactly what you are looking for, but another possibility.

I haven't tried this feature, so can't attest to its smoothness of operation, but it might be worth a try. I suspect that the best solution is still to mix down all of the selections into one track in Cool Edit or Acoustica and go with that.

Ciao,

Al