WnSoft Forums

Music

John C

Audacity is a great sound editor for the price (it's free) It works really well for all the basic stuff. I spend some time at my local hospital as a Radio Presenter and have found that I need a little more from the sound editor that I use. I used to use Soundforge for most of my work but have now switched to Adobe Audition. This program handles fade in and fade out and all sorts of other things as well. It cost quite a bit but is ideal for producing sound tracks and effects with PTE. Give it a try by downloading the trial version.

Ron West

I too normally use Adobe Audition (because it replaced Cool Edit that I had before). It's good stuff but I reckon Audacity is perfectly adequate for doing anything but the most sophisticated sound track for PTE use. And it does come at the Yorkshireman's favourite price.

Define a Yorkshireman - "A Scot with the charity squeezed out". B)

I totally agree with Ron "Ronniebootwest". Audacity is an excellent software as to sound quality and editing features. Adobe Audition (formerly CoolEdit Pro) and SoundForge are more "professional", but Audacity is more than adequate to a make a good soundtrack for PTE (and not only...).