WnSoft Forums

How to change transition on multiple slides ?

jgayman

Is it possible to change the transition for a group of slides all at once ? Example... I have a slide show with around 300 slides that contains 3 songs. The slides during the first song are fast with no transition, the slides during the second song are slow with a 500ms fade transition and the final segment of slides has a combination of slow and fast transitions.

Once I have everything timed on the timeline, is there any way that I can change the transition type and duration for say 100 contiguous slides at the same time ? Up till now I've had to go through all 300 slides and set the transition for each one. A very time consuming process.

I keep thinking there HAS to be an easier way. :-)

Thanks.

Guest Techman1

You could create the slideshow as three seperate shows (just as you've described). Then on the last slide of the first two, call the next one to run using the "run external program" option. This would allow you to set the transitions grouped as you've described without impacting the next songs transitions.

This is very brief, if you need additional information just ask and I'm sure someone will give you greater detail on the steps involved.

Good luck.

Fred

Is it possible to change the transition for a group of slides all at once ?

The only way to do this at the moment is either by opening the .pte file in a text editor and manually adjusting each slide's timing, or by using my "Adjustor" Excel-based spreadsheet model which can be found on Beechbrook (page 4 or 5). Email me if you need assistance in using the model. :)