WnSoft Forums

DVD Playback

gogs

:( After creating AVI in P2E I burn to DVD using ULead DVD Movie Factory2.

Transitions etc are OK and generally so is playback quality.

However I notice on some pictures that there is a sort shimmering effect normally but not always around patterns. Is this just something that happens in the encoding process, speed of burning etc. or can it be avoided. Has anyone come across this before and if so can you offer any words of advice.

Gogs

gogs

welcome to the forum

edge shimmer is a common problem especially on pictures that have borders and right side is the worst

it has to do with shape of the pixels between shows shown on monitors and those shown on tv's

years ago when videoing skaters they would have a chromed edge on the right side -- depending on lighting in the arena -- shimmering also used to occur when copying tapes and one past the signal thru an "enhancer" too much enhance made the images glow

a better explanation of the problem might be found using the search for pixel size

one of answers here

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=0entry13600

i googled and found this

http://www.monitorworld.com/faq_pages/q28_page.html

ken

Thanks Ken.

I am not when you are talking about edges whether you mean the edge of pixels or the edge of the picture.

While I have seen shimmering on a border line around a picture my problem here is actually shimmering inside the picture either before or just after the transition.

I had thought like you suggest that it was something peculiar to the TV but the same thing happens when run on my laptop and also through a DLP projector.

I have looked at the previous posts you pointed me too and note that it may be a result of ticking the check box for the sharpness filter. I will try burning a show without doing this and see if there is a difference. I certainly dont recall having seen this before with previous versions of P2E. Of course I may just not have taken it in at the time.

Many thanks

gogs