WnSoft Forums

Burning a DVD

ltdedorc

I burnt my 1st DVD today. I converted a 65.5 MB PTE file to avi. From there I loaded it into the My DVD software which converted it into a 668 MB file. Burning the DVD took a total of 20 minutes from "Transcoding" thru Writing. There were 3 individual audio tracks. I played it on my Akai digital 42 inches TV and it played w/o a hitch from the transitions to all three audio tracks in a loop. On the TV, the default is to stretch the image to a 16:9 screen ratio but it has a option to size it to a 4:3 ratio, the same as a computer monitor which I used. The TV images ended up not quite as good quality as on a monitor but it was something I expected.

The only gilch was with Object Editor images, say four small ones placed sequencially on the page with a border around them. On the TV in 4:3, it would place the one on the left against the extreme left margin of the screen and the one on the right against the exteme right margin. I'm not sure why but I have to think about a work around, not unless someone knows the answer right off the bat.

All in all the DVD was easy to burn and of acceptable quality...Harvey :D

ltdedorc

when i started putting shows to disk via the avi feature

i had to change my screen reolution to 1024/768 from 800/600

I then drew pencil marks on the monitor case where the centre of the vertical and horizontal dimensions are for reference -- and i keep a plastic T square on my desk for rough checking

the right side has the roll up thing for placement -- on my screen it is +- 3/8" or .9525 cm

this has to be allowed for when positioning as well as the other parts of the object editor creen when positioning text/jpgs etc

if you search for grid in the forum we had some discussion on this +- 11 mos ago and you may get an idea how the members overcome this problem -- i think they put a grid in the object editor placed things and then removed the grid -- there was an url available and where to /how to make the grid in adobe

ken