WnSoft Forums

Mega project: 380 MB (5)

kim

Kim,

One of the good things about PTE is its flexibility. Also, not everyone's pc is set up in the same format - some insist on viewing everything in VGA mode, and others with large monitors prefer Super X-VGA +.

One of the things I have found annoying with various applications is that various toolbars, properties menus, control buttons, etc., either come up right in front of where I want to work, or else obstruct something I just happen to want to look at.

Thus it is probably best to keep the present flexibility with the nav bar, and allow viewers to move it to where it best suits them. Sort of along the lines that "the customer is always right", and even experienced software designers and professional presentation creators don't always come up with the best screen arrangement.

Ciao,

Al

Kim,

One of the good things about PTE is its flexibility...

Thus it is probably best to keep the present flexibility with the nav bar, and allow viewers to move it to where it best suits them. ...

Ciao,

Al

Al,

Should not the flexibility you mention also extend to providing the creator of the show with the *option* of locking the nav-bar in place?

In my show where every bit of real estate is used by picture or text elements, the nav-bar has a specific location. This is true for all resolutions from 800 x 600 up.

- Kim

No, I was referring to flexibility from the user's point of view. After all, he or she is the "customer" here. :rolleyes:

Ciao,

Al

Al,

Hmm, I may beg to differ. In my particular case, they are not customers. I am making available to them a collection of slides and would like them to view them in a manner that seems most appropriate (yes, to me).

You know I did not even know that the nav-bar could be moved. I did it inadvertently and then had to click on its edges and drag it back. Some viewers may do the same and not have the savvy to move it back from the centre of the image.

As I said, it would be good to have an *option* to lock it in place. After all, buttons are locked in place (aren't they?).

- Kim

Well, I guess it boils down to a matter of preference, then.

I prefer to have flexibility wherever possible, particularly if I am the user - flexibility to move the menus, buttons, and nav bars to wherever I might choose to put them, even after the show is created. This would apply to "buttons" too. It is quite common in software applications to have buttons on a frame which can then be moved at will.

It's really a small point, though, and I am sure Igor has many other more-important features to program into PTE. At least, I hope he's busy working on them. :rolleyes:

Ciao,

Al