WnSoft Forums

Mega project: 380 MB (6)

kim

Kim,

First of all, let me welcome you to the Forum. You will find many people here eager to help you out in any problems with the successful operation of PTE, and also folks anxious to "talk" to others of like-minded interests.

Your suggestions for improvement of PTE are good ones - in this way the good people in WnSoft Admin will hear about our needs, and eventually add them to PTE, making it a much better product. However, some of these needs conflict, as everyone is using PTE a little differently, so we all have to be patient while Igor sorts out and establishes priorities to our vital requirements.

Now, a little "bone to pick": One of the suggestions raised quite often here is the need for sub-categories in order to group similar messages together. However, I noticed you have started a new "thread" for each of your suggestions (some 6 or 7 in number so far, with a hint of more to come :) ).

In the absence of sub-headings, which would help group like threads together, it would help a lot if you could group all your suggestions together under the same thread, and call it something like "My favourite PTE beefs" or "Some welcome improvements". This can be accomplished by "replying" to your first message each time you post, thus grouping everythng together. (Maybe Admin will group them under one heading for us, or even better, provide the Forum with a system of sub-categories?????).

(One of my beefs is that my own posts keep getting "pushed" off the first page almost as soon as I post them, due to the amount of interest in this forum, and the eagerness of members to discuss different exciting topics.) :rolleyes:

Thanks, and hope you keep up your enthusiasm for PTE and willingness to help in its development through your suggestions.

Ciao,

Al

Kim,

Now, a little "bone to pick": One of the suggestions raised quite often here is the need for sub-categories in order to group similar messages together. However, I noticed you have started a new "thread" for each of your suggestions (some 6 or 7 in number so far, with a hint of more to come :rolleyes: )

Ciao,

Al

Al,

Sorry for taking up real estate on the front page.

In my experience with forums and newsgroups, I have found it beneficial to allocate a separate thread for every topic. Otherwise: 1) Some points tend to get overlooked and/or 2) The number of responses becomes so large as to make meaningful perusal of the messages difficult.

That said, I take your point and will, in future, try to consolidate any points I would like to make into a smaller number of threads.

I apologize once again to the denizens of this forum in case I've transgressed acceptable behaviour here.

- Kim

Kim,

Apology accepted. Maybe a little more descriptive heading for each post would have made the fact that they were all about different topics more obvious, and would also help us in following each thread from here on.

The bottom line here, I feel, is that it with the ever-increasing traffic in this Forum, there is an even greater need for WnSoft to create sub-categories so that each main thread will have a "main page" of its own.

Again, welcome to the Forum! I'm enjoying reading your postings.

Ciao,

Al