WnSoft Forums

Panoramic Pictures

Jason Q

I produce a lot of panoramic photographs by taking individual pictures and then joining them together in Photoshop.

I have been experimenting using Pictures to EXE to produce slide shows of the panoramic pictures by splitting them into sections (usually left half & right half) and then using the Push effect to pan the picture across the screen. I have to say that I have been quite sucessful using this method and have been using the video facility to burn them onto DVD. :)

I recently tried using the same method to display a vertical panorama (top half & bottom half of a picture), but when burned to DVD and watched on the TV the results were very poor. :angry:

The horizontal push looks great, but the vertical push has a lot of shimmering of the picture as it moves. I have been told that this could be due to the way in which a TV scans the lines onto the screen?

Has anybody else experienced a similar problem and can you suggest a means of improving the display of a vertical push?