WnSoft Forums

PSD to PTE

hawaiisnake

I just watched a demo on how to create layers, adding effects and so forth using Photoshop to be used for PTE. The problem is it didn't explain how to implement all those layers/effects into PTE. For obvious reasons PTE doesn't support PSD files, so the layer process is quite redundant. Though the video assures this method works but never explained the procedure. But there has to be a way that I'm not quite understanding.

Maybe after creating all the layers, you save each layer seperately as a jpg, but that would be tedious work, especially if you have like 40+ layers. Can anyone elaborate how you go about in doing this?

Btw, although this is my first post and i'm a newbie with PTE, i have used several slideshow editors and this is by far the best i've seen yet without all the bells and whistles that i don't care much for. Excellent software! :D

What is it that you are trying to do? Obviously, you want to create something with P2E, that will "build" gradually with each "successive" layer, until a final "image" is produced.

So, you have to build your "40" layers, save each one as a JPG and then compile a 40 image show. There is no other option!

Go to Photoshop, do what you need to do. Save as 1.jpg, then work on it, save it as 2.jpg, work on it again and save it as 3.jpg. So on and so forth.

It's like watching a time exposure of a flower opening up!

Using photoshop's layer stack, a quick easy method is to go to layers menu then flatten image, use shortcut keys Ctrl+shift+s to save as Pic_001 this then save as jpg image then use shortcut keys Ctrl+Alt+Z enables multiply undo hey presto we are viewing image with all layers intact. Now add new layer and repeat process. In photoshop preferences set history states to 50 Hope this helps.

Why do you need to flatten the image? From my layers I combine them to whatever image I want and "Save for the web" without disturbing my *.psd file.

Ron [uK]