WnSoft Forums

Having first slide start later than 0/

Tim Z

Is there any way to set it so the first slide starts later than zero; i.e. when the music starts? In the Timeline I can drag the first slide later, but as soon as I let go it instantly goes back to the zero mark. I would like to have the option to start the first slide anywhere I choose after the music/sound starts.

Thanks

t

Hi Tim,

Just make up a 'Blank Slide' with your 'Screen Background Colour' ~ it can be Black, Blue, Grey or White,whatever you choose.Then set its 'PTE options' to what you want.

An easy way of doing this is to open your Windows Word Program. go to 'File' and then select 'New'...a new Blank (white) Document will open...now select 'View'...then...'Toolbars'..now choose the 'Drawing Toolbar'...when this opens,find 'Fill Colour'...now colour your Blank Page and save it as a Gif File. Import this into PTE as your 'Blank Slide' ~

Hope this helps,

Brian.Conflow.

Tim

Another way is to enter your first slide twice in the Slide List, but for the first slide in the list check the box to the left of Show Image, just below the Slide List. You now have a blank slide. Adjust the timing of your effects and on screen for this blank to fill the time before the music starts.

Ron [uK]

Thanks for the responses. I did think of the blank slide at the beginning, but I see no reason why the program should be forcing the first slide to start at 0. It would be a nice change to allow the first slide to be positioned anywhere you choose. For now, I made a blank black slide :)

t

... I did think of the blank slide at the beginning, but I see no reason why the program should be forcing the first slide to start at 0.....

I can think of many reasons. :) And as there is such an easy workaround, I would not expect to see this changed soon.

Steve

Hi Tim,

Those of us who have come to this from Slide / Tape, also put a black slide at the end of the show. This alliws you to have the first image arrive on the screen in a controlled manner and like wise, you can controll the end fade out to black. I have a preference for black as shows in competition are usually shown in a darkened room. A black screen gives an air of anticipation that a white or any other colour can not. I have 1 dark slide which I copy to each show file,

Regards,

Alan