WnSoft Forums

Silent Music

dagrace

I've been away for a while, but hope to be back more regularly now.

I had a dozen slides or so that I wanted to put together without music. But being a visual person, I really like the synchronization (or synchronisation, for my British and Canadian friends ;) ) screen and the ability to drag slides and transitions around.

So I created 6 sec of silence in an mp3 and included that as the music. But the then-current slide seemed to "hang" when I got to the end of the 6 sec. even though I checked the "repeat" box.

So I added enough of these 6 sec mp3s in the play list to get me to the end of the slides, and things seemed to work OK.

My question: Is there an easier way to do this? I guess my statement of objective is:

"Be able to use the synch functionality without music, and without creating a Silent mp3 of the correct length to cover the slide show length."

OK Al (or anyone else) set me straight. Thanks. :blink:

David

I guess you cannot synchronise to a music track if there's no music track to synch to !

I have wanted the same thing as you, but needed to insert a silent mp3 - no hassle once youve prepared a selection ( say 5secs upwards to several minutes ) and just add them to the play list as you have done.

I understand what you're saying but I don't think it can be done - you need something laid down to synch with.

DEN (NE UK)

I have a folder full of "silent mp3 files" ranging from 1 second to 30 seconds. When constructing a show I don't necessarily know what music I am going to use so I keep adding 30 second MP3s until the show is finished at which time I know exactly how long a piece of music I require and then either find something suitable or make a file of the exact length required using AUDACITY.

I can well understand that if you were, for instance, setting pictures to a narrative then you would certainly want to finish the music/narrative first.

DaveG