WnSoft Forums

NEW Photo Ordering Program

My previous post (Make a photo order list from a PTE Show) attracted a great deal of attention. It seems that I am not alone in wanting a program that enables a photographer to display his/her images to prospective customers who are then able to select and order prints directly from the program and then send the order by email. Granot saw my post and has responded to the challenge by writing a superb program that I am sure will be of great benefit to an awful lot of people. Fred Dickinson (Techman1) and I were deeply involved in advising, checking and testing this program and I'm glad to say, as photographers, that we are both very satisfied with the result. The program is called "Photo Order List" and is a stand alone program that can be used by any photographer and not just PTE users. If you are in the game of selling photographs, then please look at this new program; I am certain that you will want it.

You can download the program, read about it and see some screen shots by clicking the following link:

Photo Order List Program

Ron West

Hi Ron and Granot,

I would like to add that I think the development of this utility has been wonderful - from idea to program in a very short time! In many ways, this kind of utility does go hand-in-hand with PTE and offers a range of useful secondary tools. But then, as you say, the new PhotoOrdering program also stands alone.

Having emailed Granot (rather a lot) about the utility I have to say also how wonderful it is to find a program developer willing to make adjustments and add-in new features in response to requests from users. So many developers have forgotten to interact with program users. That is certainly not true of either PTE or Granot, with his amazing collection of utilities.

Well done people - your hard work is appreciated!!

It's important to remember that programmers and developers really do appreciate feedback, and that the more support is given, so the greater the motivation of the programmer to carry on developing. Maybe that is why Igor and Granot work so hard - because they know it is worth it!

Beth

:D

Thanks Beth,

for your kind remarks. You are quite right about Granot he does work very hard for our benefit. Can I remind everyone that he produces utilities as shareware and asks for us to make donations to support his work. Sadly, not many people respond to that request so I will play 'devils advocate' and ask that, if you use his stuff, you make a suitable donation if you can. Remember that Granot lives in Thailand!

Ron West

Just a suggestion. You have a list of picture sizes. Instead of having those sizes grayed out so that users can't pick the one that you don't sell, can we have those sizes not show up at all to the user so that the user doesn't

email the photographer asking him why these sizes are not available?

Avie

Avie

Thanks for the suggestion. Those and other new features will be on next version. Photographer will be able to put his own paper types and his own print sizes, and only those will appear as "check buttons". Also customer will be able (with separate tool) to crop, zoom and move the photo on empty print size window, and will be able to chose vertical or horizontal print (landscape or Portrait).

Only one small problem, I don't know when I'll have time to finish version 2 :unsure:

Granot

Hi Granot,

Although I am not in the "End-User Photographic Business" may I congratulate you on your New Program ~ Photos-To-Order.

It's a wonderful little Program and may I wish you great success with it and I shall promote it amongst my 'Pro-Photographer' friends. I hope you get all the recognition you deserve with this little 'gem'.

Best of Luck,

Brian.Conflow.

Thank you Brian

I hope the updated version will be ready soon.

Photographer will be able to put his own paper types and his own print sizes and only those will appear.

Many thanks to Ron West who is helping me to finish this update.

Granot

• 2 months later...
Guest Techman1

Granot,

First off, thank you again for creating this program for photographers to use. I appreciate all your efforts in bringing so many useful programs to the PTE community (and non-PTE members).

I wanted to let you know that while I was doing a Google search for something this morning, this thread came up. It appears that Google is being updated now with the threads from the Pictures To Exe forum. Maybe it always has been, but this is the first time that I've seen a referenced thread.

Anyway, hopefully this will help you advertise your new Photo Ordering Program.

Good luck and thanks again!

Fred

Fred Dickinson Photography