WnSoft Forums

Fonts In Comments

Richhaas

Richaas

Whilst I do not use the Comments facility in the programme, preferring to do all my titling in Photoshop, I have just experimented with Comments and changed fonts both by name and size with no problems. Are you sure that you have picked an acceptable font or have you tried other fonts or even switching back to your original choice? Hopefully your answers may provide the information for others, who use the Comments facility, to step in with their advice.

Good Luck

Ron [uK]

After a few tests, yes I can go back to the Starting Arial typeface.

BUT it seems only the most basic typeface shipped with Windows work.

1 The "troublesome" fonts work in all my other programs

2 What's the point of the change fonts option if we can't have the fonts we want?

3 The comments option is the easiest way to put lettering on the background image not the main slide in Photoshop. The work around you suggest means making as many background images with different text on them as there ar slides!!!

I hope the new version reads fonts better...

Richaus

I am sorry but your response is not understood, particularly (3) as I have not suggested any work around. What is needed is detail of your modus operandi so that others who use the Comments system can step in with their advice. I have tried everything to simulate the efect you get without success.

Ron [uK]

To:- Richaus

The PTE Program can only select "Fonts" that you have "Installed on your PC" and PROVIDED those are T T Fonts ~ which are 'True Type Fonts' capable of being printed by your PC.

If the PC has not got a full range of 'TT Fonts' installed then the PTE Program will not be able to 'access these' from its Listing.

Your problem lies fairly and squarely with your PC ~ Why not download a Full Font Set see Kens Links above ?.

Brian.Conflow.

All fonts are TT fonts. All work with MSWord, MS Publisher, Photoshop etc.

Windows ME

The little boxes are the same ones that show up when a font is not complete, no numbers or no smaller case as in an Initial Letter font.

It is easier to list the fonts that work. They are the fonts shipped with windows such as the exciting Courier New...

I just tried my laptop with XP last night and it does not have this problem, so the work around is to move megs of music and images to the laptop, complete the project and send it back to the desktop for burning. AND I'll have to do this every time there is even the simplest change to make, thanks again Bill Gates.

Absolutely Amazing,

It certainly has me 'stumped' ~ However I am just beginning to wonder are those 'Fonts' simply 'Windows MS' only fonts for use with Win ME ? ~ as distinct from 'Word Processor Fonts' such as those used in 'Office '97' and 'Office '2000'. It could be that you have a very old version of 'Word' ?

Ignore 'MS.Word' for the moment because it's so limited ~ do you have a genuine 'Word Processor Program (such as Office '97) on your PC. The reason I ask is because I came across a similar problem many years ago whilst working on an old '95 PC running an ancient version of 'Word' - I sorted that one by installing Word from 'Office '97' on to it.

The fact that the Program works perfectly on your Laptop XP leads me to believe that something is amiss with Word on your ME.PC.

Brian.Conflow.