WnSoft Forums

Sound Track Size

Conflow

For Guido & Others

Reading Guru/Guido's post on this page, it appears that he has a major problem with the size of 'Sound Tracks' on his Web Hosting facility. This seem's to be a common problem, and I had the same limitation for many years within an Industry that demanded 'Small Sound Files'. I finally developed a solution to the problem whereby I could reduce a 45.mb Wav File to below 4.3.mB for a playing time of 4¾ minutes without any loss of apparent sound quality.

If Guido' would contact me I will send him an example of this 'technique' and because he has an accessible Web Site I should like to ask him to try out the 'process' and report back on his findings. The 'technique' has worked perfectly with PTE over the past 2 years and may be of interest to others in similar situations.

Brian.Conflow.

Hi Kurt,

Well if I was just that simple as using an Mp3 ~ I don't think I would have gone to the trouble of opening the topic in the 1st place, so if Guido is willing, I would like him to try out this technique on his Web Site before he makes the final decision to drop the site.

I'm sure I speak for many of us who would sorely miss his 'Site' ~ but before that happens lets try and come up with some solution to his problem ?

Brian.Conflow.