WnSoft Forums

Fade out at beginning of show

bogaertb

When watching some PTE slideshows available at links presented in this forum I noticed that some of the shows actually seem to capture the screen at the moment the show starts up and does a fade out. I was wondering how this effect is achieved.

PTE is a very nice program and the information found here is very valuable: thanks for sharing this.

Regards, Bart

Bart

It depends on whether you are talking about fading un from the desktop, as Bethan describes, or from a blank (black) screen, which I prefer.

My method first is to insert a couple of seconds at the start of my background music/voice over in my music editing programme. Insert the first slide twice but uncheck the box against show image for the first slide so that it becomes a blank on screen. Customise this slide so that it is quick change (no effect) and adjust the time on screen until the second slide comes up on cue. These latter adjustments can be made on the timeline if it is being used.

However generally I dispense with the blank first slide as PTE in default mode always starts up from a blank screen and I make my adjustments to suit, both in the music editing and my PTE settings.

Ron [uK]

Hi, Bart,

One advantage of using a black slide is that it becomes the 1st slide of your sequence and your first image becomes slide 2. This way "transition to no.2 is moveable along the time line and you can place the image exactly where you want it. This also works at the other end, and allows you to fade image and music to darkness and silence together,

Alan