WnSoft Forums

About image size and compression

bogaertb

Hi,

I've been reading a lot about image sizes and jpeg compression (in order to get the exe to a decent size). I was wondering whether someone has experience how these 'reduced' images look when send through a beamer onto a bigger screen: does it still look OK?

Best regards, Bart

That's a bit like asking how much gas will it take to drive across the USA.

There are too many variables involved to answer. What resolution are your viewing at, What is the size of the jpegs, how much are they compressed, how good is the quality of your projector?

Your best bet would be to experiment yourself and see how much compression you can use before the viewing become unsatisfactory.

Ok, I'll be a bit more specific. Reading this forum 1280x960 using 72 pix/inch seems to be recommended.

Next it is adviced to save using a compression (e.g. between 6 and 8 using Photoshop).

When comparing image sizes: an original image reduces from 922 Kb to 252 Kb which roughly 25% of the original.

How does this look when using a beamer using a screen resolution of 1280x1024 on the PC connected to that beamer? The quality of the projector is very good (they're used to give presentations in our company - I don't have the exact specs but it's NEC)).