WnSoft Forums

Picture viewing problems.....

Catrick

Not sure if this is right, but I have been working on a slide show for quite awhile (between surgeries) about a motorcycle trip we took. I finally have the music down pat (thanks to WavePad and MP3Gain). In my project options I have selected "Fit to screen" and the background for all pictures is black. It looks great on the computer. The problem is viewing it on a wide screen TV. We change the settings on the TV for normal viewing (which I believe is 4:3) and some of the pictures are cut off. If I have comments on some of the pictures, the comment is cut off.

I did a wedding video for friends and I scanned their formal wedding album into my computer and used these pictures in the slide show. But when we viewed it the pictures frames were cut off.

How does one fix this problem?

Catrick

welcome to the forum

comments need to be repositioned and screen size reset

see

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=2&t=3336

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=2&t=2832

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=4&t=3171

try setting screen to 95%

project options/screen/% of the screen

you are going to have to experiment with both the comment settings and screen size till you have it right

ken

Caterick,

I have done a number of experiments with PTE projects burning to DVD for display on a widescree TV (16:9 aspect ratio). This is what I now do. I make all my slides 1024 x 768 as recommended for PTE. Using Photoshop, I make a slide of 1024 x 768 and create a mask in the centre of this slide whose pixel parameters are 55/55 x 973/716 (i.e. these are the co-ordinates in pixels of the top left and bottom right corner of the rectangular mask. Anything which is within the mask will be visible on a wide screen TV set to "widescreen". I can now use this mask to check each slide to see what will be visible on the TV.

Of course you can use the object editor in PTE to show you the safe TV zone. However you must ensure that you set the resolution to 1024 x 768 (note: my monitor is a 19 inch LCD having 11280 x 1024 resolution so this is the default setting in the PTE object editor). The safe TV zone as shown in PTE does not seem to be correct and if you use this, you may miss a bit from each side of a slide when shown on a TV.

Also, I do not use the PTE object editor for putting text or other objects onto a slide. I put the text in using Photoshop AFTER I have resized to 1024 x 768. I find that this gives me a uniform presentation on the TV wwith no problems of the text moving about the screen to unwanted positions.

Hope this is useful for you.

jevans