WnSoft Forums

music distorts after burning CD

Deb

Hi all, I have never had this problem before. I have my slide show all ready and every time I burn to a CD the show plays with music that crackles, pops and even drags. They are just little mp3 files and all of my photos are small..ie.,usually less than 100KB. The show plays fine on my computer and another computer that I have it on (it's hard drive). It just won't make a good copy on a CD. Any ideas? Do you think it is the version of PTE..I'm using 4.42. I double checked the music itself and it is fine. Please help..the CD is supposed to be a gift. Deb

Deb -

does the cd play bad on both your computers?

can you try it on somebody else's computer?

sometimes you have to copy and paste it to the other computer to get it to run proper -- i had to do that a week ago so a collection of exes would play for an elderly couple -- the computer just did not have enough power to run from the cd

ken

Thanks for the reply Ken, I'll take it to work tomorrow and give it a try. But, the music actually has static in it where it really isn't there when put on a CD. I've tried 3 different executable files and burned it 3 times. I'll also try a differnet brand of CD. My computers here at home are pretty fast and current. Thanks, Deb

Michel, I agree. A CD has proven not to be the best way to view a show. I also tried making a DVD but the music synch changed a little on playback...enough to make it unacceptable. I used Ulead movie factory and Arcsoft Show Biz. I think that I will buy a USB flash drive storage unit and put it there. Deb

I am experiencing the same problem when I burn a slideshow to DVD using Nero Vision Express. Program sounds fine when previewed and played as an executable file on my computer, but when I play the DVD on my TV, the music crackles and pops a bit. I've tried using different bitrate MP3 files (128, 196, etc.), but to no avail. Any suggestions would be welcome, also, let me know if this would be more appropriate to post in the video section of the forum.

Thanks,

Rick