WnSoft Forums

Help

morturn

Have been trying to upload a slide show to Beechbrook Cottage, I set everything up to upload, click once, and get a page not found error. :(

I think it may be something to do with Norton SystemWorks Premier 2005, as it was OK before I installed it.

Any suggestions please?

Have been trying to upload a slide show to Beechbrook Cottage, I set everything up to upload, click once, and get a page not found error. :(

I think it may be something to do with Norton SystemWorks Premier 2005, as it was OK before I installed it.

Any suggestions please?

Morturn.

If the 'Norton Icon' is down in the Taskbar to the RH.Side ~ Right Click it and select 'Disable Norton' and try to upload again.

Norton usually checks everything going "out" as well as coming "In"

Sometimes this takes a long to to execute, and by the time it has finished 'checking' you may find that you IE.Home/Search Page has timed out ~ I have experienced on numerous occassions with the 'Google Home/Search Page' ~ it does time out.

Brian.Conflow.

Morturn.

If the 'Norton Icon' is down in the Taskbar to the RH.Side ~ Right Click it and select 'Disable Norton' and try to upload again.

Norton usually checks everything going "out" as well as coming "In"

Sometimes this takes a long to to execute, and by the time it has finished 'checking' you may find that you IE.Home/Search Page has timed out ~ I have experienced on numerous occassions with the 'Google Home/Search Page' ~ it does time out.

Brian.Conflow.

Hi Brian

thanks for the responce, have tryed that now but still the same

I use Nortons SystemWorks with no uploading to the net or downloading problems.

For Downloading I also now use GetRight which is very good.

This is one of the many programs available which will pick up where you left off if ever you get cut off in the middle of a download. It has other advantages too.

I would suggest you contact Bill at Beechbrook.

If he's had to go away he may have stopped the uploading page for a little while.

BW Maureen

I use Nortons SystemWorks with no uploading to the net or downloading problems.

For Downloading I also now use GetRight which is very good.

This is one of the many programs available which will pick up where you left off if ever you get cut off in the middle of a download. It has other advantages too.

I would suggest you contact Bill at Beechbrook.

If he's had to go away he may have stopped the uploading page for a little while.

BW Maureen

UPLOADING PROBLEM

Maureen,

I have no problems with Norton either ~ its just at times that 'Google' times out if the 'Irish Server' is too busy. I hadn't thought about Bill being away, that could possible be the problem !

If Morturn make's a small '3-5 Slide Test Show' I am sure that there would be many Members willing to try a download of this and give a 'Receipt Response' ~ it's really the fastest way of finding out what going wrong.

Brian.Conflow.

morturn

You may want to try again today.

From what I seen last evening Bill was busy posting a few shows.

It may have been around the same time you were trying to upload.

When working on his site, he may have to shut down portions of it.

As Maureen has stated, any further problem contact Bill he will sort it out for you.

Thanks you all for all your suggestions and offers of help; :D

I think the problem is with the server that I built from an old computer to host my web site, which has a firewall built in to the SME server software. :unsure:

I need to catch up with the documentation, as I’m a builder not a computer techy so I need to find out how to transfer files. It looks like it only stops zip files, (will check if it stops only the ones with EXE files in) as I have done a test with a picture, and that worked ok

I have put a couple of shows on the website to download, so please let me know what you think of the shows and the site.

www.morturn.dyndns.org

Thanks again