WnSoft Forums

New Adjustor beta

alrobin

I have uploaded a new beta for the PTE Adjustor Model , version 2.07.

The new model includes a "Dark-Table" where images can be moved about as on a "light-table", previewed, etc., and then the new order put back into a PTE-compatible file.

It is simple to operate, particularly if you are familiar with spreadsheets.

The main controls for the images on the "Dark-Table" are as follows:

- select a slide: "left-click" with the mouse

- select a number of slides (at random, if desired): "shift-left-click".

- preview an image in small format: "right-click" with the mouse.

- preview in large format: "shift-right-click".

Everything else should be self explanatory. If not, a short text file is also provided.

Please let me know of any problems - due to different configurations of Excel 97 and 2000, a few people may have problems in opening and running it in their present configurations. For the others, I believe you will find this simple spreadsheet helpful in organizing and editing your digital shows. Please contact me if you need any assistance in operating it.

Enjoy! :lol:

Al....

You write about the Adjustor program

>>It is simple to operate, particularly if you are familiar with spreadsheets<<

I thought I was familiar with spreadsheets... until I saw this...!! I'm not at all familiar with Visual Basic and when I follow your instructions, I'm lost very quickly. The buttons which would seem to control the program form "handles" around them when I attempt to click on them (as if I wanted to edit them). Double clicking on a button brings a message which prompts > - VBA Project Password -

Huh??? I've tried to follow your instructions, but this looks like rocket science to me!!

Any tips??

Rick,

You have the "Design Mode" turned on. Click the "set-square" icon on the menu-bar at the top to turn it off, so you can use the control buttons.

You can't access the code behind the controls as the VB is locked out. If you can't get out of that mode, you may have to download another copy. Let me know if you continue to have problems.

Running the spreadsheet isn't "rocket-science", but creating it sure was!! :rolleyes:

Rick,

Further to my last post, it just occurred to me that you may not have the menu-bar turned on, either.

If not, go to menu item, "View / Toolbars" and check off "Control Toolbox". The "design-mode" icon is the first one on that toolbar.

Further to my "further to", I have posted beta version 2.08 at Adjustor Updates .

The new version cleans up a few minor bugs, and also attempts to fix a problem some of you might be having with running it in Excel 2000. If this continues to be a problem, I may have to back off of the automatic directory method used, as I have had to re-boot a couple of times myself in order to get it to function properly. Nothing to do with the "design mode" problem you had, though, Rick.

As before, please keep me informed of any further problems you may have. :rolleyes:

Thanks - just playing w/it a bit, and getting errors - dialog w/title "Microsoft Forms" and error message:

"Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine."

Clicking on any thumbnail on the Darktable (love that name!) results in that thumbnail shrinking to about 1/3 of its original size, and nothing else seems to have any affect.

Win2K, SP2, Office 2K, all up-to-date.

Thanks for all you're doing - this looks very cool.

Dana

Hi, Dana,

Sorry you're having problems getting "Adjustor" going. It does take a few tries to work out a routine that fits your configuration.

First of all, it sounds like the basic model is working for you. On the "Dark-Table", to move an image, you have to click first on an image, which shrinks the thumbnail so you can remember which one you are moving, and then you have to click on an empty location (without pressing "Shift") to release the image or images, starting at that location.

If you are moving a group of images (after pressing "Shift"-"L Mouse Button"), and if there are any images in the way at the location where you are dropping them, they will automatically "wrap" around the occupied locations. You have to play with it a bit until you discover just what is happening.

Re the message about objects not available, they are probably just the sounds that play when you release an image, or align them back to the top of the table. You can try to configure your version of Excel in this manner:

Start up Excel with a spreadsheet other than "Adjustor". (You can't configure the VB in "Adjustor" because it is locked out.)

In the menu bar at the top, select "Tools" / "Macros" / "Visual Basic Editor". This will open a new window called "Microsoft Visual Basic". At the top of this new window, select menu: "Tools" / "References". Hunt through the list and make sure the following items are checked:

- Visual Basic For Applications

- Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library

- OLE Automation

- Microsoft Office 9.0 Object Library

Then select "OK" to exit the menu, and, finally, close the VB Editor. Now, when you open "Adjustor", everything should be OK.

Let me know if this helps. :)