WnSoft Forums

Say What?

wedford

Hi again,

"Boxig" are you there?

:lol: I was at "Beechbrooke" looking at other people's presentations and wondering if I was the only one whom wasnt a MENSA member when I stumbled across a PTE utility called "MyHTML." - "Boxig" made it. It's a utility that one uses to describe a particular photo/presentation while PTE is running. There is another called "MiniUtility" that does the same - (also made be "Boxig"). I tried both but "MyHTML" looks somewhat better to me. It works fine but seems to require a little knowledge of HTML code to write your descriptions and while I know enough to mangle it into a useable condition, I was wondering can I alter it to change the "pop-up" size or allow the user to resize it? Maybe there's another or a better way to do what I want.

Thanks

Hi wedford,

You can download the free "Netscape Composer" which is very very very easy HTML editor to make HTML page with tables, pictures etc. I use it for years.

As for the "MyHTML" utility I just made for you (or anyone who wants) a new version which opens at 600x500 window size. It have button to change to 600x200 window size and to 600x100. Can't change the width (600) since it will distore your HTML but the height have a scrolling bar so it can be changed. I can send it to you by email for your comments and if you think it is better I will upload it to http://beechbrook.com/pte/

Granot

:) Sounds great Granot!

As for the HTML editing, I use one called AceHTML. It's free and it it does have allot of options to alter an HTML. As good as the one you mention? AceHTML has a "go back" button which I NEED!

On your update, width is O.K. but it's the length which I'd prefer to change. Is it possible to have it popup in a certain location and the size? And does the users screen resolution affect it?

Sorry to be so picky but by the volume and insights of your different utilities/posts it seems like Stephen Hawking might have a competitor. I'm more in Stephen Kings territory.

Thanks again!

wedford,

give me email address where to send it.

I asked Igor few times to add a possibility to include two actions in one object, like we have "Run application and open file" so if we had "Go to page No. and Run application" it will add to PTE many advantages like the one you ask for.

Here is a sample:

On page 2 you make button with "Go to page 5 and open "aaa.exe".

On page 3 you make button with "Go to page 5 and open "bbb.exe".

So you are the one to decide which exe the user will see, depend from where he came.

There is no effect, as far as I know due to resolution. What you see is a regular browser in different sizes.

I didn't try it all but I think you can add to your page anything you can add to HTML like java script, class, animation etc.

Granot

Hi Granot,

I sent an email to your home address with mine but I'll also put a different one in here that you can send it to. I don't know if any of my slides deserve a description but at least it will let me put in excuses and explain why a slide looks the way it does- "the camera had spots on the lens" - "it must be your computer" - "there was this thunderstorm when I was putting together the presentation" - "the dog ate it"........................uh, not to many people fall for this one so I better think of more.

vertigo91784@yahoo.com

Thanks again :)