WnSoft Forums

Epson P2000

Jason Q

I have been using an Epson P2000 for some time to store photographs from cards whilst away from my PC and also as a means of easily showing my photographs whilst on the move. The Epson P2000 has an excellent screen for showing pictures and can also be pluged into a TV to display them.

My question is can I create a presentation in PTE and then save it in a video file format so that I can show the presentation on the P2000?

I am not too clued up on the various video formats - according to the instructions the P2000 can show AVI files using the MPEG-4 Codec (what ever that means?). I have been using the Video option in PTE to create an AVI file, but I am unsure how to convert this AVI file to the MPEG-4 format.

Any help would be appreciated as a PTE presentation would be far superior to the built in slideshows which Epson provide.

Regards

Jason

Jason

I use WinAvi

http://www.winavi.com/

you make the temp avi file and while still keeping p2e running import it into winavi and let it convert the file to a mpeg and windows media player will play it

a side note

the mpeg can be used if/when you decide to burn it to dvd

also see

http://www.afterdawn.com/

http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html

lots of info at theses 2 sites

ken

Please let me know if you can figure out how to do this.

I have a P2000 and would love to be able to put my PTE shows on it, but I'm afraid I don't fully understand the instructions offered.

Isabel

I have been using an Epson P2000 for some time to store photographs from cards whilst away from my PC and also as a means of easily showing my photographs whilst on the move. The Epson P2000 has an excellent screen for showing pictures and can also be pluged into a TV to display them.

My question is can I create a presentation in PTE and then save it in a video file format so that I can show the presentation on the P2000?

I am not too clued up on the various video formats - according to the instructions the P2000 can show AVI files using the MPEG-4 Codec (what ever that means?). I have been using the Video option in PTE to create an AVI file, but I am unsure how to convert this AVI file to the MPEG-4 format.

Any help would be appreciated as a PTE presentation would be far superior to the built in slideshows which Epson provide.

Regards

Jason

A quick update for everybody to let you know how I have got on with this one - also thanks to Ralph for his help & suggestions.

I searched on Google to find a suitable Codec which would create an AVI file which was compatible with the Epson 2000. I read through the following article http://www.engadget.com/entry/6324433776698522/ where I found a link to the Codecs on the DivX site Divx Codecs.

I downloaded the DivX 5.2.1 codec and installed it and then created a custom AVI file using the video option in PTE. The Epson P2000 supports video at a resolution of 640 x 480 so I set this in the custion AVI dialog before rendering. Since then I have obtained better results by resizing the pictures before creating the AVI.

Results so far seem to be very good on the P2000, with pictures and transition effects appearing very clear & smooth. :D There are a number of settings within the codec which I am still experimenting with to get the best results, and there is also an updated version of this codec on the DivX which I have not tried yet.

Regards

Jason