WnSoft Forums

Presentation shimmering....

Catrick

Finally!! Got my presentation burned onto DVD. SVCD's had problems with the pictures shimmering to the beat of the music in either Ulead Movie Factory 2.0 and Roxio Platinum 6.0 but they looked great on the computer as an "Exe".

Burned a DVD with Ulead Movie Factory but the quality of the pictures sucked both on the 52" wide-screen and our normal (?) 36" TV.

Burned a DVD with Roxio Platinum 6.0 and the quality of the pictures was really good on both TV's. So was the sound quality.

Solved the issue of cutting off of pictures on the wide-screen TV by resizing them to 85% while still viewing them full screen and a black background.

Everyone was quite impressed when I played it for them on Saturday. Now I just need to fine-tune the effects and I am ready for final copies for everyone.

Thanks for everyone's help and advice.

• 3 weeks later...

Catrick,

I've experienced a similar problem, shimmering deterioration of picture quality etc, when I create video DVD slideshows using Nero. That is to say, when I campare it with what I see on the comuter monitor when I look at it as an .exe file.

I'd put this down to the fact that the image produced in Nero is only 768x 576 pixels, as opposed to 1024x768.

I'd be grateful to hear a little more about the improvements you saw after using Pinnacle Platinum 6. If it does poduce an acceptable viewing experience on a decent sized TV it would, for me, be a more ecconomical route than my current inclination, that is to slash out on a digital projector.

Best wished

John

Thank you for that information Ken, even if it was not exactly what I wanted to hear.

Before I splash out on a projector, I'm going to try running a slideshow, from my PC, into the TV receiver.

Have not got the wherewithal yet, but will post results, idc.

John