WnSoft Forums

Transition Issue?

Kurt S

I'm having a difficult time with the screensaver hanging. I have three pictures I want to make into a screensaver. The picture sizes are 1024x768 and the file size of each is approx 150k. I want it to have a very long fade transition length (1 or 2 minutes). The problem I having is the screensaver won't shut off. I have to do a CTRL+ALT+Del to end it. Even if I set the transition length down to 5 seconds it still takes several seconds for the screensaver to end.

I've tested this on 2 different computers, both have 512megs of RAM. 1 machine is running at 2.8mhz and the other is running at 1.7mhz so it's not due to a lack of power. I'm using PTE version 4.44

I'm having a difficult time with the screensaver hanging. I have three pictures I want to make into a screensaver. The picture sizes are 1024x768 and the file size of each is approx 150k. I want it to have a very long fade transition length (1 or 2 minutes). The problem I having is the screensaver won't shut off. I have to do a CTRL+ALT+Del to end it. Even if I set the transition length down to 5 seconds it still takes several seconds for the screensaver to end.

I've tested this on 2 different computers, both have 512megs of RAM. 1 machine is running at 2.8mhz and the other is running at 1.7mhz so it's not due to a lack of power. I'm using PTE version 4.44

I just did a screen saver as yours.

The screen saver stops when the transition is finish, and the mouse must be use when there is no transition, so if you put a very long transition, 1 or 2 minutes and a very short duration ie 1 ms, you must use your mouse during a long time before it stops.

With this version the only way is to make several pictures between the actuals slides, one 90% Pict1+10%Pict2, a second 80%Pict1 + 20% Pict2 and so on and put the transition at about 5 or 6 seconds and put durations at about 100 ms or more.

I haven't the next version, but may be than using transparency function, it will be possible to do the same with only 3 pictures, the use of % of transparency will be in PTE, not in Photoshop or else.

Sorry for my bad english.

I just did a screen saver as yours.

The screen saver stops when the transition is finish, and the mouse must be use when there is no transition, so if you put a very long transition, 1 or 2 minutes and a very short duration ie 1 ms, you must use your mouse during a long time before it stops.

With this version the only way is to make several pictures between the actuals slides, one 90% Pict1+10%Pict2, a second 80%Pict1 + 20% Pict2 and so on and put the transition at about 5 or 6 seconds and put durations at about 100 ms or more.

I haven't the next version, but may be than using transparency function, it will be possible to do the same with only 3 pictures, the use of % of transparency will be in PTE, not in Photoshop or else.

Sorry for my bad english.

Ok, thanks for looking into this. Seems like this issue should be addressed. I used a competing product to create the screensaver and it didn't have this issue.

PS. Your English is fine.