WnSoft Forums

Flash and Pictures to Exe

ratfugel

If you download Marco's demo from Beechbrook, there is a text file describing the process and instructions on how to run the demo.

He created it with "Swish", and used a utility developed by boxig which, along with several variants, can be found at his site:

ThailandPhotoAlbum .

Sorry, Granot, I didn't notice you were already replying!

When you visit Granots site in Thailand you will notice that there are quite a few variants on the utility called 'Flashme'

The one you want to try is the one called 'FlashMe4' but you will also need to have some software called 'swish' - I reckon that 'Swishmax' is the one to go for because it automates most of the effects.

Hi everybody,

I think Boxig and Al already said everything.

This "old" demo was done using Boxig's external Flash player so called "FlashMe" v1.0 (yes Granot, the very first link related to FlashMe on your site). I haven't tried with latest versions #3 or #4.

FlashMe is a nice, smart and windowless Flash player that can be called from a particular slide of your PTE show, using "Run external application" option ("cuztomize slide panel / Main tab" in PTE).

Then, this will start your Flash movie at your chosen time in your PTE show (.swf file, created with your prefered Flash editor, personally I used SwishMax).

The ability to run external programs from within the show is a great feature (and probably unique among serious slideshow softwares) allowed by PicturesToExe.

Don't forget also that PTE does not support Flash movie natively, and in this case it just launchs the movie (you have to do the "Flash movie/PTE show" synchro by yourself, by adjusting the right "Display slide" time).

By the way, I think using fullscreen Flash movie insertions in PTE can be interesting for special text effects (like intros with special titling...), but for pan and zoom on bitmap images (like demonstrated in FlashPTE demo in fullscreen), I believe that the "coming soon" version 5.0 of PTE will do the job far better and smoother than Flash ! (thanks to Igor ! :) )

I know I'm a bit late, but I whish an happy New Year to everybody here ! (and special whishes to Al and Granot :P )

Marco