WnSoft Forums

Creating DVD using Roxio 8

JohnL

I have only recently been introduced to Pictures to Exe and have produced a number of sequences using Audacity for my music.

I can play these on my own computer and as I also created them as EXE files, they will play on another computer and also on a digital projector at my club.

I have read the various instructions on this Forum and in other places about the use of NERO to produce a DVD which I can them take to friends to play on their domestic DVD/TV's

I don't have NERO, but use ROXIO 8 to burn CD's or DVD's Can anyone give me instructions on how to create a DVD with this combination of Pictures to Exe and Roxio please?

B)B)B)

John

welcome to the forum

the procedure will be the same for roxio

you will create a tempavi/vid -- MAKE SURE YOUR DO NOT S/D DOWN P2E - make sure you remember where the tmp avi/vid is located - best to direct it to the folder you have all your picts, music etc for the show start roxio and import it into roxio

and burn it

i will not go into the menu process as i rarely use my roxio

ken

John

Look in the Pinned Heading. I wrote a posting on 12 March 2005 on making a SVCD using Roxio which may give you some help. As I do not find use for the facility, I cannot say if the instructions I gave are up to date. Using SVCD and burning to a CD-R is much cheaper than DVDs and although of lesser quality still acceptable. I must try it again sometime.

Ron [uK]

• 1 month later...

John

....snip....Using SVCD and burning to a CD-R is much cheaper than DVDs and although of lesser quality still acceptable. I must try it again sometime.

Ron [uK]

Ron, is that still true?

Here in the USA I can get 100 blank CD disks for around $12 on sale

and

50 blank DVD disks are also around $12.

So we are talking about 50¢ for a DVD.

That is not so bad I think.

Dan D. Louisville, KY good ole USA

Dan

You are so right. I have just checked the prices on line I have relied on family gifts for my stocks in recent months. :o

Since my post of Feb 3 I have produced another SVCD using Roxio, just to keep my hand in. It played back OK on both my son's and my own TV but not on my neighbour's.

Ron [uK]