WnSoft Forums

PtE doesn't work with new useraccount

Webs

I'm guessing you installed PTE under your user account in XP. If you install it as an administrator it should work for any user account. Another circumstance might be that when you installed PTE you were asked if you wanted to make the program accessible to all users or just the current user. If you missed this then it could result in being accessible to only you and not to other user accounts. My guess is that if you reinstall PTE under the Administrator account you'll be just fine. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo,

I'v never seen such an Option during the installation of PtE, not with W2k nor with XP home, not with XP Prof. I know this option from other Progs.

Sevral Years ago I bougt a License for me. PtE is a verry good and usefull Program. So I thought, i will buy a Licence for some Computers at school - so I tried if PtE will work fine.

But - PtE don't work with different accounts because the License-Informations are served in the Profile of the user witch installed the Programm. I've stored the profile with the License on the server and used a mandatory profile - and suddenly the hole school has a License. This is not a good idea for locating a License...

We have another Program at school to make slideshows - but it is difficult for use, - I like PtE, it is very intuitiv in use and you can use the .exe-file evrywhere. It is the very good program for making fast and easy a very good slidshow when you don't use the Program evry week. It's easy, it's good, it's fine and I will buy it for some PC's (perhaps 3 - with techer-account).

But it is neccecary, that evryone who logged in at these 3 PC's can use the Program without giving in the Licens-Information again. It must be enough giving-in the License-informaton during the installation one time and evrybody who is using the PC with his account can use PtE. I think this is normal. Else I cannot use the Program. I will not distribute the License with an mandatory Profile to all PC's at School.

Please solve this problem.

With greating, Webs