WnSoft Forums

Multiple slide show menu

zydercojoe

Hi all.

I would like to create a menu page that I can use when giving slide shows. I think this would look better than selecting the shows from windows explorer. Could I link the "exe" file using a hyperlink to a button giving the Show Title? Have tried using Excel but I keep getting a "warning" box stating hyperlinks can have viruses, and I don't know how to disable this message. Any ideas what other software I could use - eg Photoshop, Publisher etc. I'm sure someone out there must have already cracked this problem.

Regards, Zydeco Joe

Take a look at my "IntroDemo" on the Beechbrook site. Is that what you mean?

Ron [uK]

Take a look at my "IntroDemo" on the Beechbrook site. Is that what you mean?

Ron [uK]

Something like your demo would be what I am looking out to create ,but I would like to be able to select the show and not run on auto, ie just a mouse click on the next presentation with time for a intro to the slide show.

Regards Zyderco Joe

zydercojoe

In Ron's " IntroDemo " show, each of the round images you see would be linked to a seperate show.

For instance you can create a ( 1 ) image show. ( .EXE )

Design a nice intro graphic file. example save as ( Menu.exe )

This ( Menu.exe show ) would include - buttons - text - images that are linked to other ( .EXE's ) all seperate shows to view.

Show_1.exe

Show_2.exe

Each seperate show can return to the Menu when ended.

All that is required is that all .exe be in the same folder.

Click your ( 1 ) image Menu show to start and choose other sequences.

All done with Picture to exe.

You can easily made a pte exe file in which there are button which launch your shows. Look at Corsica on Beechbrook for exemple.

JPD,

will download "Corsica" from my local libary as I only have a dial up connection at home.

Hawk,

never thought about using Pix to exe, sounds a little bit complicated for me but I will have a look,

thanks both.

Zydecoe Joe

Well Joe you have received some useful advice and in particular the offer from Roger. You might also take a look at the thread started on 4 January this year "White border around buttons" and my reference to my "invisible buttons" produced in Photoshop and used in the PTE Object Editor.

I projected 14 sequences entered by contestants in the South London AV Championships recently. The introduction consisted of a logo and credits accompanied by a fanfare and ending with a list of the sequences. Clicking on each name activated the sequence, as explained by Hawk.

Ron [uK]

Well Joe you have received some useful advice and in particular the offer from Roger. You might also take a look at the thread started on 4 January this year "White border around buttons" and my reference to my "invisible buttons" produced in Photoshop and used in the PTE Object Editor.

I projected 14 sequences entered by contestants in the South London AV Championships recently. The introduction consisted of a logo and credits accompanied by a fanfare and ending with a list of the sequences. Clicking on each name activated the sequence, as explained by Hawk.

Ron [uK]

Hi Ron,

Will check out 4th Jan.

Yes great advice from Roger, he is a star man.We, that is my wife and I, have now got a great looking menu page for our shows called "In Sync", all down to Roger's help.

This help just goes to show how photographers all over the world can, and do, help each other.

Thanks All.

Zyderco Joe

Hi Ron,

Will check out 4th Jan.

Yes great advice from Roger, he is a star man.We, that is my wife and I, have now got a great looking menu page for our shows called "In Sync", all down to Roger's help.

This help just goes to show how photographers all over the world can, and do, help each other.

Thanks All.

Zyderco Joe

I'm glad to have been able to help. The notes will appear on my site in due course.

• 4 weeks later...

If it will help, email me and I'll send you a small example menu together with details of how it is put together - using Photoshop and PTE.

Hello Roger, I'm quiet new here. Can you please send me a copy of your sample slide menu so I can try it out myself? You can send it to floridaprints@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance, have a nice day!